• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Official TBP In Game Thread: Bulls vs. Wisconsin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Another miserable loss. Who says we don't have any tradition?

It is a loss but not a miserable one

I don't do the whole good loss/bad loss deal. A loss is a loss to me. Nothing to be happy about unless it's a win.

Hope you have had a good outlet for your misery the last 2-3 years. That's a lot of time to not gather any positives from USF football.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

Vulva97, aren't you late for a lynchmob somewhere?

Edited by jstewholymoly

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  271
  • Days Won:  1

Another miserable loss. Who says we don't have any tradition?

It is a loss but not a miserable one
I don't do the whole good loss/bad loss deal. A loss is a loss to me. Nothing to be happy about unless it's a win.
Hope you have had a good outlet for your misery the last 2-3 years. That's a lot of time to not gather any positives from USF football.

It has been pretty miserable watching USF play. Yet somehow I always get sucked back in.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

First time since Taggart has been here that I felt there were things to build on and to take positives away from the game.

I can see where White looks good in practice, but my opinion is that he is not a good QB when there is a live defense in front of him. Even if you take in to consideration the 2 drops he is still only at 50%. Statistically he is the worst completion percentage in the country.

Only time we moved the ball somewhat consistently was on the outside using our speed guys.

Some improvement. I still think this is not an offense capable of winning against average to better defenses. No capability of consistent ball control, only 8 first downs, 8/19 passing, less than 20 minutes controlling the ball. Offense has a very long way to go to become even average.

Defense was good. Lots of mental mistakes and penalties at bad times, but I don't mind those from the young kids.

Play calling pretty good today.

One thing I believe and we saw today and I hope Taggart keeps developing is that we are not a power team. most of our positive plays were outside the tackles.

Only thing I take away from today is we played well for about 2 1/2 quarters.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,289
  • Days Won:  10

Cry about the refs and how we get no breaks but the deal is we commit too many penalties and we do not create our own breaks. Play smarter is the answer and with these players for the most part that is not possible.

The Price is Right losing horn: http://youtu.be/1ytCEuuW2_A

You are right, you make your own breaks. 

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,289
  • Days Won:  10

First time since Taggart has been here that I felt there were things to build on and to take positives away from the game.

I can see where White looks good in practice, but my opinion is that he is not a good QB when there is a live defense in front of him. Even if you take in to consideration the 2 drops he is still only at 50%. Statistically he is the worst completion percentage in the country.

Only time we moved the ball somewhat consistently was on the outside using our speed guys.

Some improvement. I still think this is not an offense capable of winning against average to better defenses. No capability of consistent ball control, only 8 first downs, 8/19 passing, less than 20 minutes controlling the ball. Offense has a very long way to go to become even average.

Defense was good. Lots of mental mistakes and penalties at bad times, but I don't mind those from the young kids.

Play calling pretty good today.

One thing I believe and we saw today and I hope Taggart keeps developing is that we are not a power team. most of our positive plays were outside the tackles.

Only thing I take away from today is we played well for about 2 1/2 quarters.

Well said, I think we had some small improvements in some areas.   Defense really showed up for 3 quarters.  young team and not expecting to beat Wisconsin but we kept it competitive for half the game.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

White cannot throw on the run.

White just isn't a good QB period.
I have absolutely no idea how you say that, especially after this game. You are delusional. White played extremely well.

8-19. I'd hardly say he played extremely well. He did complete a couple great passes.

In all fairness, if his receivers actually could catch the ball he would have been about 11 - 19.   Still not great, but against Wisconsin on the road, he looked pretty good.

I have been an Anti-Mike White person but I will give him his credit today.  He looked solid out there.  The interception was actually a great pass by him.    He's starting to look more comfortable.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

That interception drop was terrible.

Up 3 to 0. Momentum on our side. 3rd and 17. Perfect play call. Perfectly run route. Perfect throw.

Ends up as a turnover with great field position. Game tied 3 to 3.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

BOOOO!

I like White with a clean pocket.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

I have absolutely no idea how you say that, especially after this game. You are delusional. White played extremely well.
8-19. I'd hardly say he played extremely well. He did complete a couple great passes.

In all fairness, if his receivers actually could catch the ball he would have been about 11 - 19. Still not great, but against Wisconsin on the road, he looked pretty good.

I have been an Anti-Mike White person but I will give him his credit today. He looked solid out there. The interception was actually a great pass by him. He's starting to look more comfortable.

Yeah that INT was a clutch drop