• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wake up People

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Coaches and psychics and talent scouts, oh my! The grass is always greener over there in dramaland. 

I'll admit with feardabull though, this could be a good game to get Flowers' feet wet if we can run on them. Otherwise, we'll keep with the two that know the offense best.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

I always get my advice from kingkongballs. A true professional in the industry. Bravo, kingkongballs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,990
  • Days Won:  12

For once I would like to see USF develop a QB properly so that he is ready to roll Junior or Senior year. Not blowing out redshirts, changing OC's every year, etc. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

brady and  MANNING DIDNT HAVE AN ALLSTAR cast for a lot of their careers

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

For once I would like to see USF develop a QB properly so that he is ready to roll Junior or Senior year. Not blowing out redshirts, changing OC's every year, etc.

That would be amazing but attendance, conference afilliation, and excitement are in the toilet. They are probably looking for one thing to hang their marketing hat on not 3 years from now.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

From what I understand it is basically white is #1 unless he is injured. Bench is the backup, and flowers may take the spot as the #1 if and only if white is out otherwise he will be worked in on some plays. I am excited for Saturday. I think any of the 3 could beat NC State. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think anyone should have their mind made up on White yet. He's still a true sophomore and has started what 6 games? Obviously his stats don't look pretty, but I haven't given up all hope just yet.

Using that logic, Bench has not had near that time here.  He has played in and started what once or twice.  Other times he has come in cold, not getting near the reps of White so why does everything think White is so much better?

I don't remember saying White is so much better. However, Bench is the backup for a reason. I don't think Willie has chosen Mike because he makes him laugh more? 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

CWT is like Lovie Smith, as far as I can tell. Both stick to their guns, even if incorrect. They aren't going to adjust for who they have, they run what they want and who they want. The problem with both is they are at programs that have been losing for years, with coaches that had the same philosophy. The fan bases want winning teams, NOW. They need to do whatever to win ASAP, no matter how unorthodox or if they are going back on what painted them in a corner.

yep, got that right!   Lovie likes to line'n up and let'm play...."our guys are better than yours", no major scheming, no adjustments.  Sadly, that just doesn't work anymore.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

At a school like USF, 4 and 5 star recruits should be put on the field immediately. This aint Alabama where we can develop them. Never was our style. Matt Grothe stepped right in and we got to # 2 beating Auburn, WVU, etc... Throw in B.J. Daniels and we beat FSU on his 1st career start.

Ready for another outlandish comment? ....I also think Chuck Bresnahan should be Head Coach before we lose him to a school like Florida or Texas AM (I.E. Wally Burnham, Mark Snyder, etc) Dude consistently has a top 10 defense on the field.

Grothe and Daniels both redshirted a year. If you want to look at what can happen if a 4 or 5 star recruit tries to play before he is ready the comparison to Carlton Hill is more accurate. You may get a couple of dynamic runs, but highly doubtful you will get a someone that is in command of the offense to the degree that he can lead it down the field and check into better situations consistently.

People are too caught up in what they remember or think they remember of the best days of Grothe's freshmen year. He was more dynamic with his feet and that was an offense geared around the QB being the complete focus of the offense. Both running and throwing.

This is a different offense that needs the QB to be in command of the offense, not just be another running back in the offense.

Like I said, with Flowers, you probably get some really dynamic runs, but can he consistently move the chains and the team down the field. I think thst is a lot to put on a true freshman. Especially considering the lack of experience surrounding him.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

brady and MANNING DIDNT HAVE AN ALLSTAR cast for a lot of their careers

Why would you use Brady as an example. He was like the 6th or 7th string QB at Michigan his first year. He didn't become the starter until his junior year. He wasn'T even highly thought of coming out of school. He was a 6th round draft choice. He has flourished in the NFL, but he wasn't even on his own team's radar at the same point that White is in his career now.