• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wake up People

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The way that you have to look at a redshirt is that the player is giving up his Senior season.

Disagree. Plenty of excellent players redshirt to get acclimated to the speed/size/complexity of the college game AND play through their redshirt senior year.  I'll name two that I would be thrilled if Flowers emulated.

Matt Grothe

BJ Daniels

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

No, I meant that if you burn the redshirt now you are essentially sacrificing their (rs) senior season. We are on the same page. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

No, I meant that if you burn the redshirt now you are essentially sacrificing their (rs) senior season. We are on the same page. 

Gotcha. Somehow, it was backwards in my head like using a redshirt meant the kid left school earlier and sacrificed their senior season.

And I agree. You're sacrificing Flowers as a 23 year old with 4+ years of an offensive system, workout program, mechanics coaching, etc. for 19 year Flowers 6 months removed from none of those things in HS.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Steven Bench and Mike White both suk. Haven't we watched enough of both of them to see this already? They have had plenty of chances. How many more games do we have to watch?  Give Flowers 1st team reps! That kid tore up Miami. Everybody wanted him.

g1328912371281345891.jpg

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Gotcha. Somehow, it was backwards in my head like using a redshirt meant the kid left school earlier and sacrificed their senior season.

And I agree. You're sacrificing Flowers as a 23 year old with 4+ years of an offensive system, workout program, mechanics coaching, etc. for 19 year Flowers 6 months removed from none of those things in HS.

Well according to a friend's brother's cousin's friend, the end of USF Football is coming soon because of average attendance ......You might not get that senior year either way, be it by transfer, injury, no football etc

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Why do I care about Flowers' ability to make plays 4 years from now? We have 3+ years of recruiting to do between now and then. If he's STILL the best option in 4 years, then we should hang it up because our recruiting is over.

If he's the best chance to win now, put him on the field now. Full stop.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  151
  • Days Won:  0

Well according to a friend's brother's cousin's friend, the end of USF Football is coming soon because of average attendance ......You might not get that senior year either way, be it by transfer, injury, no football etc

Agreed, Program is doomed if they can't fill more of those 5 dollar seats. Put Flowers in. Let him run around before its too late.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I read all this

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I am now awake. I've changed the starting lineup and penciled Flowers in as starter.

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

Can someone please tell me what is so complicated to learn about our offense? 

Also, I'd like to hear more about how Flowers looks in practice.