• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm pretty tired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Maybe Taggart is the problem

Definitely worth questioning. I don't think him as the coach, but his "wonderful Stanford system" is the problem. At this point we're either to believe Matt Floyd, Bobby Eveld, Mike White, and Steven Bench are just completely inept as QBs or the scheme is a major issue. I think Floyd and Eveld were but I have a really hard time placing all the blame this offense is having on the QBs at this point. If Flowers gets put out there he'll get eaten alive too because how "complex" this offense is. 

The offense works we don't have "his" QB running it.  

White and Bench were not recruited to run this system. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Definitely worth questioning. I don't think him as the coach, but his "wonderful Stanford system" is the problem. At this point we're either to believe Matt Floyd, Bobby Eveld, Mike White, and Steven Bench are just completely inept as QBs or the scheme is a major issue. I think Floyd and Eveld were but I have a really hard time placing all the blame this offense is having on the QBs at this point. If Flowers gets put out there he'll get eaten alive too because how "complex" this offense is. 

this offense isn't that compex.

it's a two TE power running formation.

the presnap shifts are the only complex thing about it.

I really don't get why people are complaining about the offensive scheme.  WRs dropped quite a few passes... and the OL couldn't open holes for our RB.

The problems with the offense today was all execution ... not the plays, not the playcalling... and it wasn't just Bench. It was the QB (some), the WRs/TEs (a lot), and the OL (a lot).

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Time for the Lou Holtz' offense, run right, run left....3rd-7? Run wider

We are one step closer to our prodigal son, Winky

Respectfully, you obviously have no idea what prodigal means.

We are one step closer to our savior, Winky

Damnit people. It's WANKY! Get your names straight when you're talking about Dade County Pop Warner legends.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I really don't get why people are complaining about the offensive scheme.  WRs dropped quite a few passes... and the OL couldn't open holes for our RB.

The problems with the offense today was all execution ... not the plays, not the playcalling... and it wasn't just Bench. It was the QB (some), the WRs/TEs (a lot), and the OL (a lot).

Well on top of the fact that it hasn't worked up until this point other than against a division 2 team, it's also boring. I wouldn't expect to see anyone raving about how great the scheme is.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

The attendance today was awful and for a Big 10 school at that. At the rate USF is losing they will be able to fit all the fans into the soccer stadium next year.

Would be a good atmosphere

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I really don't get why people are complaining about the offensive scheme. WRs dropped quite a few passes... and the OL couldn't open holes for our RB.

They are poor as a unit.

Exactly. How dare USF fans expect to the football team to win a game! For shame.

If you want to "expect" a win from your team, go root for Alabama, and you will probably get that which you expect.

Yes, you're probably right on the go root for Alabama thing, HOWEVER I don't think anyone "expecting" a win when you get 6 turnovers and a TD @ home by the defense is ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386

I don't think it's a system. Receivers were open on the field. Bench either missed them or threw a poor pass. Our receivers also dropped their fair share of passes too. 

Did we even attempt a pass over 20 yards today? I don't remember 1 attempt that far down field. Way to make it tough on the defense.