• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I wish Harlan was here years ago!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

If average donor is $1,000.......that's $2M less that USF has than their direct competitor to the east and let's not even talk about the 10-15K less in tickets that we're selling.  Last fiscal year we had more donors than we do this fiscal year and that is due in large part to Willie Taggart's lack of success.  He deserves the pressure that he's under because he's helped create it.  I would venture to say that this year we are probably at a $7+M disadvantage to UCF athletics which is our closest competitor of comparable size.  That's HUGE!!

If that's indeed the case, this program has no business being in a P5, maybe even the FBS, with as many donors that are that clueless when it comes to college sports. This isn't professional sports where they're supplemented by tons of money not directly related to the fanbase's financial involvement. Wanted Skip gone, fine, but you pull your support for the new regime after only one year?? Bush league ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

If average donor is $1,000.......that's $2M less that USF has than their direct competitor to the east and let's not even talk about the 10-15K less in tickets that we're selling.  Last fiscal year we had more donors than we do this fiscal year and that is due in large part to Willie Taggart's lack of success.  He deserves the pressure that he's under because he's helped create it.  I would venture to say that this year we are probably at a $7+M disadvantage to UCF athletics which is our closest competitor of comparable size.  That's HUGE!!

If that's indeed the case, this program has no business being in a P5, maybe even the FBS, with as many donors that are that clueless when it comes to college sports. This isn't professional sports where they're supplemented by tons of money not directly related to the fanbase's financial involvement. Wanted Skip gone, fine, but you pull your support for the new regime after only one year?? Bush league ....

Agreed, but you can't make other people spend their money on violation!!  I had 12 tickets for the longest time and couldn't give them away so I went down to 8 and dropped the donor contribution on the previous four that I had.  That is to be expected when marketing isn't there and your only method for marketing (wins) left when you fired one of the greatest characters/coaches in college football (one Jimbo Leavitt).  This was all created by USF Athletics because the AD didn't have the minerals to stand behind and support the man that put USF on the map.  IF UCF had fired the red-nosed drunkard to the east, they would probably be right where we are but they stood behind their man-slaughterer but we couldn't stand behind our slapper.  :popcorn:

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Back in the heyday I thought the donor numbers were around 4K. The last 3 football seasons have taken their toll.

We never took advantage of the success by really building our local network.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

The brick campaign was good and something for small donors.

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

Woolard is gone Bear, move on.  Student section is not all we need.  As others have said, now we have to win and that will make Harlan's job a lot easier.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

Woolard is gone Bear, move on.  Student section is not all we need.  As others have said, now we have to win and that will make Harlan's job a lot easier.

:loser:

The funny thing is, his contract is until June 30th, 2015 -- He's still here... Not the AD, but he's getting paid

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Cool, lets re hash that again as if we can change anything about woolards contract at this point..

Maybe if someone really wants to #Dosomething they should start a fan based initiative to either get people involved again or to raise money themselves. Whining about wanting things does not get them. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

I've met Harlan, and I like him.  I have noticed a positive change in donor/season ticket holder relations on his watch, but that could just be that there aren't as many of us still around.  I hope he does a great job, and I believe he will.  I don't think it's going to be easy.  I won't go as far as to say that I wish he was here years ago, because I still don't know how he's going to work out.  Like I said, I hope he is very successful.  I'm going to withhold my judgement for a few years, and see what he can accomplish.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,629
  • Days Won:  424

Cool, lets re hash that again as if we can change anything about woolards contract at this point..

Maybe if someone really wants to #Dosomething they should start a fan based initiative to either get people involved again or to raise money themselves. Whining about wanting things does not get them.

If it did, we'd have the best freaking facilities in the country ..... 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

In the last fiscal year, USF had 2,100 donors for the Athletics program. Out of the 12-team conference (including Navy), this number ranks USF 11th.

In comparison, UCF has 4,100 annual donors, nearly twice as many.

I'd rather have 2,100 people donating $10,000 each than 4,100 donating $500

Much easier to make them feel welcome