• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New NCAA Structure

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

If the AAC can afford the player payout then I don't see how they can keep the AAC from the P5...

What prevents the AAC from being a P5 program?

TV contracts. Plain and simple.

AAC can make all the noise they want, but if no one is willing to pay them relatively equal for the TV rights, there's nothing they can do to keep up.

Plus being locked out of all major bowl games and the MNC

If the AAC can afford the player payout then I don't see how they can keep the AAC from the P5...

What prevents the AAC from being a P5 program?

And the FACT that the majority of P5 coaches only want to play other P5 schools. The Pac12 already plays a 9 conf game schedule.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

WINNING  will solve most of the problems.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Saban makes noise about only playing P5 schools but that didn't stop Alabama last year from playing against one FCS school and a Georgia State that was 5 games removed from being an FCS.

Saban makes noise about only playing P5 schools but that didn't stop Alabama last year from playing against one FCS school and a Georgia State that was 5 games removed from being an FCS.

Schedules are made years in advance.

Just an FYI. GA State also played Bama in 2010. Last year they played Bama and West Viginia, this year they have Air Force HOME GAME, next year they play at Oregon.

We need some scheduling like that!

Edited by Sellular1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I'm ready for independence in football.

Everyone shouts it down by saying we'd go broke.  But I think the P5/G5 system is rigged to make us go broke but survive on life support waiting for our drippings of attention. . . . . . plus G5 football is meaningless crap.

But I'd rather risk going broke taking a chance on myself than sit around getting bled to death financially waiting for the scoundrels in the B5 to decide they want to share their money with me (which will never happen).

Seriously, park the olympic sports in the Sunbelt or the SoCon. . . . . . . and roll the dice as an independent.  If we go bust, the AAC would take us back anyway since it sucks out loud.

The B5 is setting up the G5 as a nondescript underclass that competes amongst itself for scraps of attention and money from the G5.  USF needs to go it alone.

Edited by Carolina_Bull

Everyone shouts it down by saying we'd go broke.  But I think the P5/G5 system is rigged to make us go broke but survive on life support waiting for our drippings of attention. . . . . . plus G5 football is meaningless crap.

But I'd rather risk going broke taking a chance on myself than sit around getting bled to death financially waiting for the scoundrels in the B5 to decide they want to share their money with me (which will never happen).

Seriously, park the olympic sports in the Sunbelt or the SoCon. . . . . . . and roll the dice as an independent.  If we go bust, the AAC would take us back anyway since it sucks out loud.

The B5 is setting up the G5 as a nondescript underclass that competes amongst itself for scraps of attention and money from the G5.  USF needs to go it alone.

I'm not a fan of the Indy route. I think that Navy coming on board next season will help the AAC a lot. They have great games scheduled against the likes of Ohio St, Rutgers, and Notre Dame every year.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Dumbfounded, they can allow athletes to meet with agents. Student Athlete has been FLUSHED. Might as well ditch all entrance and academic requirements too.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Cheezus help us!

We don't have an invite because we don't have a fan base. The only thing that makes us able to have a halfway decent schedule is the contractual obligations of our conference members to play us.

We bring ZILCHO butts in seats on the road.

We bring very little excitement on the road to cause the home team to fill up the joint.

We wouldn't be able to schedule ANYBODY as an independent

It would be the absolute kiss of death.

The only teams that can survive as indies are those with NATIONAL fan bases. We don't even own our own LOCAL market.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Next they'll have a "trade deadline."