• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New NCAA Structure

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

So basically the NCAA has a price. Or caves to threats. Doesn't this open them up for lawsuits? You can't tell public school A they get what is perceived as benefits and public school B doesn't. Or this group of mostly public schools holds power and advantages over that group of public schools. They need a neutral 3rd party, a Czar. Or a group of angry U.S. Senators from the have-nots threatening to take football back to 1950, where it should be.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

I'm ready for independence in football.

Everyone shouts it down by saying we'd go broke.  But I think the P5/G5 system is rigged to make us go broke but survive on life support waiting for our drippings of attention. . . . . . plus G5 football is meaningless crap.

But I'd rather risk going broke taking a chance on myself than sit around getting bled to death financially waiting for the scoundrels in the B5 to decide they want to share their money with me (which will never happen).

Seriously, park the olympic sports in the Sunbelt or the SoCon. . . . . . . and roll the dice as an independent.  If we go bust, the AAC would take us back anyway since it sucks out loud.

The B5 is setting up the G5 as a nondescript underclass that competes amongst itself for scraps of attention and money from the G5.  USF needs to go it alone.

Cheezus help us!

We don't have an invite because we don't have a fan base. The only thing that makes us able to have a halfway decent schedule is the contractual obligations of our conference members to play us.

We bring ZILCHO butts in seats on the road.

We bring very little excitement on the road to cause the home team to fill up the joint.

We wouldn't be able to schedule ANYBODY as an independent

It would be the absolute kiss of death.

The only teams that can survive as indies are those with NATIONAL fan bases. We don't even own our own LOCAL market.

Did Smazza high jack your screen name?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/07/larry-scott-launches-shots-at-directv/

Ok, I just exhaled, cough... But hear me out on this... If I was Aresco, but I'm not, why wouldn't you negotiate with the PAC 12 to do a joint TV deal? Align to a P5 conference that is going no where, give them east coast exposure and give us west coast exposure....

Worth being told no....

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Everyone shouts it down by saying we'd go broke. But I think the P5/G5 system is rigged to make us go broke but survive on life support waiting for our drippings of attention. . . . . . plus G5 football is meaningless crap.

But I'd rather risk going broke taking a chance on myself than sit around getting bled to death financially waiting for the scoundrels in the B5 to decide they want to share their money with me (which will never happen).

Seriously, park the olympic sports in the Sunbelt or the SoCon. . . . . . . and roll the dice as an independent. If we go bust, the AAC would take us back anyway since it sucks out loud.

The B5 is setting up the G5 as a nondescript underclass that competes amongst itself for scraps of attention and money from the G5. USF needs to go it alone.

Cheezus help us!

We don't have an invite because we don't have a fan base. The only thing that makes us able to have a halfway decent schedule is the contractual obligations of our conference members to play us.

We bring very little excitement on the road to cause the home team to fill up the joint.

The only teams that can survive as indies are those with NATIONAL fan bases. We don't even own our own LOCAL market.

Don't know why, but all I could think about after reading this

http://youtu.be/VZELzn6207c

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Everyone shouts it down by saying we'd go broke.  But I think the P5/G5 system is rigged to make us go broke but survive on life support waiting for our drippings of attention. . . . . . plus G5 football is meaningless crap.

Seriously, park the olympic sports in the Sunbelt or the SoCon. . . . . . . and roll the dice as an independent.  If we go bust, the AAC would take us back anyway since it sucks out loud.

The B5 is setting up the G5 as a nondescript underclass that competes amongst itself for scraps of attention and money from the G5.  USF needs to go it alone.

Cheezus help us!

That post made more sense than all 150,760 of smazza's ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/07/larry-scott-launches-shots-at-directv/

Ok, I just exhaled, cough... But hear me out on this... If I was Aresco, but I'm not, why wouldn't you negotiate with the PAC 12 to do a joint TV deal? Align to a P5 conference that is going no where, give them east coast exposure and give us west coast exposure....

Worth being told no....

Works for me.

Especially if each team agrees to schedule one annual game with a random team from the other conference.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Dumbfounded, they can allow athletes to meet with agents. Student Athlete has been FLUSHED. Might as well ditch all entrance and academic requirements too.

Athletes can already meet with agents...it just has to be in a controlled setting. What they're talking about is more contacts.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

So basically the NCAA has a price. Or caves to threats. Doesn't this open them up for lawsuits? You can't tell public school A they get what is perceived as benefits and public school B doesn't. Or this group of mostly public schools holds power and advantages over that group of public schools. They need a neutral 3rd party, a Czar. Or a group of angry U.S. Senators from the have-nots threatening to take football back to 1950, where it should be.

Thing is, our angry senators aren't that angry since they both rock the orange and blue (and orange and green).

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

AAC teams will not vote against it...

AAC is trying to say we want the same things they do and we want to be at the table.... 

And they will be at the table. Dont worry. AAC has to be one of the best conferences around right now. Home of both the mens and womens hoops champs. Home of the BCS Fiesta Bowl champs. If the P5 tries to exlcude AAC then Obama will come in and shut this whole idea down. Have faith! 

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

AAC teams will not vote against it...

AAC is trying to say we want the same things they do and we want to be at the table.... 

And they will be at the table. Dont worry. AAC has to be one of the best conferences around right now. Home of both the mens and womens hoops champs. Home of the BCS Fiesta Bowl champs. If the P5 tries to exlcude AAC then Obama will come in and shut this whole idea down. Have faith! 

something tells me obama isn't coming to save us