• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2014 Football Tix Sneak Peak

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

They look great this year. Last year's were creative and an interesting way to get fans involved...but boy were they bad.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Why are they waiting longer and longer to mail the season tickets?  It is August already, and they used to send them earlier than this.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

They look great this year. Last year's were creative and an interesting way to get fans involved...but boy were they bad.

Agree 100%

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Why are they waiting longer and longer to mail the season tickets? It is August already, and they used to send them earlier than this.

Having been a season ticket holder since 2008, I don't remember getting them earlier than this. And the email reminders for those on the payment plans said they'd be mailed out shortly after the last payment, which was Tuesday. I'd guess in the next week or so they'll be arriving

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Hmmmm..... Don't see Bench on there ;)

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131

Interesting, definitely seems that white is the #1 QB at least heading into season. 

Having watched the last two practices - and I might check out today's as well - I'd say that the QB job is already a given, but just not put out by the coaches for the obvious reason.  Anyone watching the drills and watching the Bulls' four QBs perform should come up with the same observation.  

Outside of the occasional good play by all QBs, consistency with throwing and getting the ball somewhere near the receiver and make it catchable is what is needed from these guys as they compete.  At this time, I'd say that the most consistent has been White.

Frankly, and surprisingly, when watching QB-WR-DB pass drills, the best pure passer out there is not either White nor Bench, but is Evan Wilson.  That guy made some pretty impressive throws - especially on out-routes.  He has nice form, pretty solid footwork and can put some zip on his passes that have a nice tight trajectory on the ball to the receiver.  

White seemed improved overall yesterday and appears to be getting more consistent, but to me, Bench looks more labored when making his throws. Some of that appears to be the result of him being a bit too methodical with his mechanics on delivery instead of the needed / preferred quick release.  As for Flowers, let's say that there was probably a good reason why other bigger schools were looking at him at WR or at another position than QB.  Flowers can tuck the ball and get to the outside, and he may be able to use that ability inside the 10 yard line to give coaches additional options in the red zone, but I don't see Flowers as someone that will operate well overall in this offense.

I know it's early, so let's see how the freshman progresses, but before that occurs, coaches really need to work with him so he can acquire the needed muscle memory on his footwork.  His lack of good footwork affects his lead shoulder alignment when he throws, and as a result, he lacks good pace on his passes. When doing that, the expected result is a lot of low passes to the receivers feet on the out routes and that was the case a lot yesterday.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

Just talked to Tim Riva at the athletic office. Tickets are being mailed this week and everyone should get them before Saturday.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985

Why are they waiting longer and longer to mail the season tickets?  It is August already, and they used to send them earlier than this.

The Bucs are reconfiguring the stadium so they are not sure where everyone's seat is going to shake out.... 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985

The Bucs are reconfiguring the stadium so they are not sure where everyone's seat is going to shake out.... 

JK.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Any word on how many season tix we so,d this year?