• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football Returns With Bulls Fan Fest Aug. 16

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Shiny revised sun dome would have been a good venue, beer. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

If anyone is going to be exposing themself to others, it's going to be me.

I like it

Hmmm...
Don't want the truth, don't come to the park...

Things get weird after dark

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I like how we are trying to have more and more events on campus instead of Ray Jay. An on campus stadium is in our future, this athletic department knows what to do.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Great that they are doing it on campus to get people on campus to see all the new facilities,  blds ect...  It will make a ton of sense in the future. (when we have an OCS).

Only down side I can think of is :

1:  we may not sell as many season tickets like we have in past years fan fest.  (not sure its that many or how many we typically sell that day but some people like to pick their seat in person, sit in the seat, see the view of the field ect..) (hope Im wrong and it doesn't hurt ticket sales).

2. By NOT having the spring game and  fan fest at Ray Jay it takes away the pregame ritual that the players go thru,( time to meet on campus to get on the bus, logistics of the stadium for game day, ect...)  Don't want Opening day to be the first time our NEW players and coaches go to Ray Jay to prepare for game day. (want them concentrating on the game itself)

Edited by Dhambuc

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

Wish they could have made this in the morning to prevent it from being so hot outside... I had heard last year they were thinking about moving it "inside" the Ray Jay walkways... I was hoping that was true.

From past experience it will either be the hottest day of the year, or rain storms last seen by Noah...

Go Bulls!!

I guess there are pros and cons of both venues but ..... Florida .... August ..... Noon .... Nowhere for fans to duck into for a little shade or if a thunderstorm comes in ... At least we're saving money on rent and gas.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

Great that they are doing it on campus to get people on campus to see all the new facilities,  blds ect...  It will make a ton of sense in the future. (when we have an OCS).

Only down side I can think of is :

1:  we may not sell as many season tickets like we have in past years fan fest.  (not sure its that many or how many we typically sell that day but people like to pick their seat in person, sit in the seat, see the view of the field ect..) (hope Im wrong and it doesn't hurt ticket sales).

Thought about that, too, but I've got to think they know what they're doing in that regard.

2. By NOT having the spring game and  fan fest at Ray Jay it takes away the pregame ritual that the players go thru,( time to meet pn campus to get on the bus, logistics of the stadium for game day, ect...)  Don't want Opening day to be the first time our NEW players and coaches go to Ray Jay to prepare for game day. (want them concentrating on the game itself)

I'm guessing they'll have some sort of a scrimmage at RayJay before the season to get the new guys at least a little acclimated ..

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I like how we are trying to have more and more events on campus instead of Ray Jay. An on campus stadium is in our future, this athletic department knows what to do.

If the donors want it, it will happen. All things seem to point to donors not really wanting something on campus yet.

If the donors want it, it will happen. All things seem to point to donors not really wanting something on campus yet.

How much does one have to donate to have an opinion in this? I donate, just not sure if it is at the level Athletics cares about.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

How much does one have to donate to have an opinion in this? I donate, just not sure if it is at the level Athletics cares about.

If you donate enough to make a dent in the cost, they'll listen to your opinion on it.

I am sure I am at least a figure or two shy then, but hey at least it's 4.