• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

10 Essential Bulls: Andre Hall

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

^^^ agree with this. Was at the first ever bowl game and we got shut out with Andre in the game. Had pretty awful QB play in that game IIRC.

Wonder how the game, and season, would have been different if Grothe had been a starter as a redshirt freshman.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

^^^ agree with this. Was at the first ever bowl game and we got shut out with Andre in the game. Had pretty awful QB play in that game IIRC.

Wonder how the game, and season, would have been different if Grothe had been a starter as a redshirt freshman.

Assume you mean as a true freshman?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I do remember Hall had one nice run in that bowl...I believe it was in the first half but we missed a FG.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Grothe's thread is a few pages long, but THIS guy only gets 6 or 7 replies?! Andre Hall was the best offensive player USF has ever had, this side of Marquel Blackwell, in my opinion.

I'll reply...he was great!

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

Andre Hall was definitely one of the greats. I'm hoping to see a new feature back emerge who can do similar things. It seems like we're due for it.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Me, too...we were surrounded by NCState fans, and they were surprised Hall could get any yards, given they knew our QB was D-II level and we were going to try to run Hall.  If Grothe was our QB, I believe we win that game.  The other QBs were simply horrible.  It was one of the most painful games I've ever attended.  14-0, and just ugly.

I love A Hall (and thought he'd stick in the NFL longer, especially after watching him show some flashes with the Broncos).

But with the 2 freshmen RBs coming on board, and maybe a stud in 2015, I'm hoping a 3-4 year guy shatters all of his records.  We need a running game badly.  The fact that BJ and Grothe are # 3 & 4 in USF's career rushing leaders speaks volumes about how inept we've been at developing a workhorse back.

lastly, if you take away sacks as part of rushing (which is dumb, as is), BJ and Grothe would be 2 & 3...and maybe 1?  Don't know if they track yards lost in sacks, but over 3-4 years, it adds up.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Andre Hall was definitely one of the greats. I'm hoping to see a new feature back emerge who can do similar things. It seems like we're due for it.

We may get someone better and more productive eventually, but it will hard to find anyone who could emulate what Andre did... he was electric in a way that not many RBs are.

We may get someone better and more productive eventually, but it will hard to find anyone who could emulate what Andre did... he was electric in a way that not many RBs are.

Agreed.  That's one thing the stats don't show.  But having both years as easily the highest yardage seasons for USF is telling.