• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How big is Ray Jays new one going to be?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Ok, next topic, religion

Ready..... Wait for it.... GO!

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Ok, next topic, religion

Ready..... Wait for it.... GO!

Oh, in that case, it'll be THIS big!!!

Touchdown_jesus-590x442.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,656
  • Days Won:  424

Bottom line, short of keeping the Bucs in town, the stadium was an awful deal for the county. USF has benefited from that awful deal.

The county gets over 3 billion dollars out of it so how is that a bad deal?  .... But you are right about USF benefiting from the deal. Would they have been better off if the Bucs had moved and had to go to a Plan B, who knows?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Bottom line, short of keeping the Bucs in town, the stadium was an awful deal for the county. USF has benefited from that awful deal.

Yes, they have!

How so? By having a community stadium to pay to play in?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The county gets over 3 billion dollars out of it so how is that a bad deal?  .... But you are right about USF benefiting from the deal. Would they have been better off if the Bucs had moved and had to go to a Plan B, who knows?

Who knows is right, but I'd speculate that the OCS scenario would have been fast tracked.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

It's all speculation, but I would have loved USF Football to have a chance to fill the void left by the Bucs.

Who knows is right, but I'd speculate that the OCS scenario would have been fast tracked.

Lord only knows what we'd have had to settle for in the way of an OCS back then .... but odds are the TSA would have done the $52 million repairs to the Ol Sombrero and USF would have continued to play there. The immediate downside is that CJL loses a great recruiting tool.

It's all speculation, but I would have loved USF Football to have a chance to fill the void left by the Bucs.

That's an interesting perspective I had forgotten about. USF's attendance dropped by 6-8K the 5 years following the inaugural one ... which coincided with the resurgence of the Bucs. If they had moved, how many of the local football fans move over to the Bulls?

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

That's an interesting perspective I had forgotten about. USF's attendance dropped by 6-8K the 5 years following the inaugural one ... which coincided with the resurgence of the Bucs. If they had moved, how many of the local football fans move over to the Bulls?

...And take HALF the money that Ray J cost to build an actual community stadium... and put the profits back into the community instead of sending them to a private party...

Welcome to the dark side Trip.

...And take HALF the money that Ray J cost to build an actual community stadium... and put the profits back into the community instead of sending them to a private party...

Welcome to the dark side Trip.

I said an interesting perspective ...... but not an avenue that I, as a native of Tampa and Tampa Bay sports aficionado, would have wanted to go down ... and the over $3 billion over 30 years the community will see now is tons more than the private party is making off the non-Buc stuff at the stadium now.