• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Harlan: we can't have 15,000 people in Ray-J and expect to jump to the Big 12."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I have been reading this blog since I was a freshman and have been tempted many times to create an account (mostly to respond to smazzas craziness) but I have finally given in. 

I know this my first post so the credibility will be questioned people will say like link? link? link?

But i have worked in athletics since my second semester freshman year, so I tend to hear things that most people are not privy to. I can say there is a plan I don't know exactly how far along it is. I caught a glimse of a black and white sketch one time of the rendering(nothing to far along at all). But I can back up what charisbb is saying because thats exactly what I have heard.

Same here... I worked at USF for a few years.

I have mentioned it here before, but obviously can't provide any links, names, etc.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

I have been reading this blog since I was a freshman and have been tempted many times to create an account (mostly to respond to smazzas craziness) but I have finally given in. 

I know this my first post so the credibility will be questioned people will say like link? link? link?

But i have worked in athletics since my second semester freshman year, so I tend to hear things that most people are not privy to. I can say there is a plan I don't know exactly how far along it is. I caught a glimse of a black and white sketch one time of the rendering(nothing to far along at all). But I can back up what charisbb is saying because thats exactly what I have heard.

^^-- Charsibb undercover!? ;-)

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

^^-- Charsibb undercover!? ;-)

Impossible ... University classes were still etching their book reports on stone tablets when charsibb was a freshman.  :D

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,141
  • Days Won:  39

Make no mistake, boys and girls, there IS a plan for an OCS.

The timing is vague, and the layout/ # seats is not fully developed - all are dependent on money, ticket demand, etc - but the plan is there.

Where it might be located would be more of a concern than layout/# seats.

I agree. Put that thing in a good spot on campus and gamedays are going to be awesome. I don't care as much if my seat takes a hit (been preparing emotionally for this).

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

For those who know things....

Will it be north, south, east, or west of the Marshall center.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

This is a COMPLETE assumption from what Ive seen/heard and I know the possibility has been debated here many time, but i think in the current athletic district. Possibly north of the practice facility.

They do not want all the teams to use the selmon athletic center. Baseball Softball are supposed to get their own place with locker rooms and such down by their fields. Something along the lines of what golf has at the claw. I do believe though they want more of the selmon center for the football team. So keeping the stadium close to it would be ideal.

Of course I repeat all of this is in my humble menial opinion. lol

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Welcome to the board, I am glad you joined us.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

So this was all set in motion pre Harlan? 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Make no mistake, boys and girls, there IS a plan for an OCS.

The timing is vague, and the layout/ # seats is not fully developed - all are dependent on money, ticket demand, etc - but the plan is there.

Where it might be located would be more of a concern than layout/# seats.

I agree. Put that thing in a good spot on campus and gamedays are going to be awesome. I don't care as much if my seat takes a hit (been preparing emotionally for this).

This is a COMPLETE assumption from what Ive seen/heard and I know the possibility has been debated here many time, but i think in the current athletic district. Possibly north of the practice facility.

They do not want all the teams to use the selmon athletic center. Baseball Softball are supposed to get their own place with locker rooms and such down by their fields. Something along the lines of what golf has at the claw. I do believe though they want more of the selmon center for the football team. So keeping the stadium close to it would be ideal.

Of course I repeat all of this is in my humble menial opinion. lol

Obviously it could have changed by now but..

The latest that I had heard was it was to be north of the Track and Field stadium, which would be the NW section of the Athletics district.  This area currently has a seldom used parking lot for residents, and the tennis courts:

Overall%20Zone%20Map.jpg

Note  that the tennis courts are moved to the SE corner of the districts, where currently is an empty road (this is where Greek houses was originally planned to be located.)  This is why with the big athletic improvements, the tennis courts only received minimal upgrades.

Also, notice how in the master plan, this is the only large area on campus that does not have ANY improvements planned (new parking, greenery/lakes, building, etc.)

This location also places it right next to student and Greek housing.

So this was all set in motion pre Harlan? 

Yes

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

I think it was definitely set in motion pre harlan but since he has come around I am sure he has wanted the full rundown of all possible situations. Hence why it has been a topic of discussion recently in athletics.

Also what was said above makes complete sense. If i remember correctly about a year ago there was a large donation specifically to a new tennis complex making enough room for a football stadium. only issue would be parking because the northeast of campus is protected from construction for some reason i dont remember. 

Side note/off topic: I was at the baseball news conference today. Look for a handful of baseball transfers.