• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Musa and Hawkins Leaving Team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

They both landed at schools. Good luck to them.

Alex Kline @TheRecruitScoop  Â·  12h

RT @Coach_Jack1979: South Florida transfer Javontae Hawkins commits to Eastern Kentucky.

Verbal Commits â€@VerbalCommits May 7

Former South Florida G Musa Abdul-Aleem is transferring to Troy. http://verbalcommits.com/players/musa-abdul-aleem â€¦

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

They both landed at schools. Good luck to them.

Alex Kline @TheRecruitScoop  Â·  12h

RT @Coach_Jack1979: South Florida transfer Javontae Hawkins commits to Eastern Kentucky.

Verbal Commits â€@VerbalCommits May 7

Former South Florida G Musa Abdul-Aleem is transferring to Troy. http://verbalcommits.com/players/musa-abdul-aleem â€¦

Would have never guessed Hawkins would go to a small school, unless he just picked from that pool so he doesn't have to sit out a year (assuming that's a lower level team...but I don't know). 

Thought he was from Michigan, and would play closer to home.  Surely, a lot more to the story than we know.  Good luck to him.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

EKU is D1. I think Hawkins when there due to another Flint connection being on the team.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Wow, EKU and Troy? This reminds me of when one of Heath's early batch of recruits also bolted to smaller schools: Belardo to Cansius and Chin to Cal. St. Fullerton.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Good luck to them both, I hope they succeed beyond their wildest dreams, and come back to USF to finish their degrees and graduate. Once a Bull, always a Bull!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

Wow, EKU and Troy? This reminds me of when one of Heath's early batch of recruits also bolted to smaller schools: Belardo to Cansius and Chin to Cal. St. Fullerton.

Those were pre-Muma, just like Hawkins and Musa. Post-Muma have gone to Ga Tech and Florida.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Good luck to them both, I hope they succeed beyond their wildest dreams, and come back to USF to finish their degrees and graduate. Once a Bull, always a Bull!

Why on earth would they come back to usf to finish their degree? I would hope they would use their scholarship money and finish their degree where they're playing basketball

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

Why on earth would they come back to usf to finish their degree? I would hope they would use their scholarship money and finish their degree where they're playing basketball

lol I wondered the same thing.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I'm hoping they finish their eligibilty wherever they end up, then come back to USF to finish the degree - cause it'll be worth more than those other degrees.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm hoping they finish their eligibilty wherever they end up, then come back to USF to finish the degree - cause it'll be worth more than those other degrees.

That's what people at UofFlorida say about USF...yet I've had 6-7 working FOR me, so yeah, it's about what you learn and how you apply it for the most part (except academia...there, it's largely about paper looks).