• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I've been on my IM all night with Iron Bulls letting my disgust be known in their progress. I'm going full napalm level now, somebody's gotta go there!!

:facepalm:

Settle down TB, it's the guys I know personally, I'm not blind IM'ing.  You should know me better by now, I only go off half-cocked late at night on weekends.............wait a second, what's the time?

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We need a ball movement/player movement on offense guy. Also someone who believes in getting after you on defense,

Shaka does fit the bill. Do we fit his bill?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

I've been on my IM all night with Iron Bulls letting my disgust be known in their progress. I'm going full napalm level now, somebody's gotta go there!!

Settle down TB, it's the guys I know personally, I'm not blind IM'ing.  You should know me better by now, I only go off half-cocked late at night on weekends.............wait a second, what's the time?

LOL ... Honestly, i didn't think even you would blind IM IB's. You're going full napalm because 2 available coaches, that would have been good here, went to places that 99.9% of the college basketball world would consider better jobs than here.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

LOL ... Honestly, i didn't think even you would blind IM IB's. You're going full napalm because 2 available coaches, that would have been good here, went to places that 99.9% of the college basketball world would consider better jobs than here.

Yeah I am, because in my own mind it's worked in the past (Holtz and DW).  So right or wrong, I feel I'm on a streak and I'm not gonna let up now.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Collin Sherwin ‏@USFCollin 1h

Buzz Williams goes to Marquette. But is Shaka Smart coming to Tampa??

Yes, I just wrote Shaka Smart might be coming to USF. I haven’t wanted to be right about something this much since I tried out for Jeopardy.

Also, to clarify: I’m not saying this is “probably” going to happen. It’s of course a reach. But it’s a “possible.”

so it's in the "and wow" category.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Collin Sherwin â€@USFCollin 1h

Yes, I just wrote Shaka Smart might be coming to USF. I haven’t wanted to be right about something this much since I tried out for Jeopardy.

Also, to clarify: I’m not saying this is “probably†going to happen. It’s of course a reach. But it’s a “possible.â€

Didnt Shaka Smart turn down UCLA not long ago to stay at VCU? Wasnt Harlan on the UCLA staff then? Maybe they talked. I seriuosly doubt  Smart would leave VCU for USF right now when others schools with better basketball tradition such as WF are looking at him.  It would be a major "WOW" if somehow USF was able to get Shaka. Not holding my breath on this. 

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Shaka Smart #1 candidate at Wake Forest?

ACCSports.com is reporting that VCU’s Shaka Smart is Ron Wellman’s leading candidate.

Virginia Commonwealth coach Shaka Smart is the No. 1 candidate for the Wake Forest head coach vacancy, according to ACCSports.com sources.

Smart is 137-45 in five years with the Rams. He’s taken VCU to the NCAA Tournament in four consecutive seasons, including a Final Four appearance in 2011. VCU is a No. 5 seed in this year’s tournament.

The Wake Forest administration has labeled Smart as an ideal fit. In addition to his success at VCU, Wake Forest believes Smart carries the same values it wishes to portray. Among those are an emphasis on academics and integrity. Smart’s style of play — which includes a fast tempo and an aggressive, pressing defense — is also appealing to the administration.

It’s unclear how much interest Smart has in the job. It’s believed that he is holding out for one of the truly elite college basketball jobs in the country, and he would have to determine if Wake Forest presents that opportunity.

Smart reportedly turned down multiple offers in excess of $2 million per year in recent years. In 2012, he signed a contact with VCU that guaranteed him $1.36 million per year with winning incentives that could amount to around $400,000 of supplemental income.

Former coach Jeff Bzdelik earned a total compensation of $1.39 million in 2011.

Included in Smart’s contract is a clause that he would owe VCU $600,000 if he leaves before April 30, 2014.

http://www.statefansnation.com/2014/03/shaka-smart-1-candidate-wake-forest/

Edited by Vega

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

Also, to clarify: I’m not saying this is “probably†going to happen. It’s of course a reach. But it’s a “possible.â€

Didnt Shaka Smart turn down UCLA not long ago to stay at VCU? Wasnt Harlan on the UCLA staff then? Maybe they talked. I seriuosly doubt  Smart would leave VCU for USF right now when others schools with better basketball tradition such as WF are looking at him.  It would be a major "WOW" if somehow USF was able to get Shaka. Not holding my breath on this. 

I thought you said that this is the best job, and coaches would be knocking down our door to take this job. 

Shaka Smart #1 candidate at Wake Forest?

ACCSports.com is reporting that VCU’s Shaka Smart is Ron Wellman’s leading candidate.

Virginia Commonwealth coach Shaka Smart is the No. 1 candidate for the Wake Forest head coach vacancy, according to ACCSports.com sources.

Smart is 137-45 in five years with the Rams. He’s taken VCU to the NCAA Tournament in four consecutive seasons, including a Final Four appearance in 2011. VCU is a No. 5 seed in this year’s tournament.

The Wake Forest administration has labeled Smart as an ideal fit. In addition to his success at VCU, Wake Forest believes Smart carries the same values it wishes to portray. Among those are an emphasis on academics and integrity. Smart’s style of play — which includes a fast tempo and an aggressive, pressing defense — is also appealing to the administration.

It’s unclear how much interest Smart has in the job. It’s believed that he is holding out for one of the truly elite college basketball jobs in the country, and he would have to determine if Wake Forest presents that opportunity.

Smart reportedly turned down multiple offers in excess of $2 million per year in recent years. In 2012, he signed a contact with VCU that guaranteed him $1.36 million per year with winning incentives that could amount to around $400,000 of supplemental income.

Former coach Jeff Bzdelik earned a total compensation of $1.39 million in 2011.

Included in Smart’s contract is a clause that he would owe VCU $600,000 if he leaves before April 30, 2014.

http://www.statefansnation.com/2014/03/shaka-smart-1-candidate-wake-forest/

You really have to give the search form credit as there really has been little media attention to who will be USF's next mens coach. To me, the search committee has been effective in that way. Even Andy Katz has not even pushed some of his friends towards the USF jobs like he has done in the past. We can all thank McMurphy for reporting all the coaches that turned down USF in the past for USF using the search firm route. Not many will know how many coaches turned USF down this time around. 

I thought you said that this is the best job, and coaches would be knocking down our door to take this job. 

Never said this was the best job. But did say that this job is a lot better now than it was before Heath got here at USF. Better facilities and more money to use as the budget has increased since Woolard took over as AD.  USF has terrible fan support and terrible traditon of losing. Also, the AAC has no respect at all. So those factors are going against us. Face it, we are not a major program.