• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When we were bad under Heath we were bad...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  169
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

Most of you probably know this but tourny is keeping me up soooo....when Heath was fired, I initially thought he should of been given one more year with the new recruits coming in...plus there is the money thing and all...but I looked at where we finished in the conference standings each season that we didn't make the post season....so that's five years out of his seven....and in those seasons we were...

- tied for last

- third to last

- second to last

- second to last

- last

Just sayin...thats rough...can I get an 11th or 12th or even 13th place finish?

Still appreciate what Heath did and best of luck to him in the future...

Edited by IHuckItDeep

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

But that's like looking at the yard and saying, "Man, they are messy," without realizing the true identity of the owners of the house...

When we were paying Seth around 400K a year, Bob Huggins and Cincy had a recruiting jet. And that was before we got into the Big East.

Once in the Big East, we were the Pinto to their Porsche. This is why it was amazing that Stan Heath got us that NCAA bid and tournament victories. I still don't know how it happened!

Now, this is not to say Stan didn't have huge coaching problems when it came to the game itself.

It's all in the past, though! We've got facilities now. I'm ready for some winning!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Watching the tourney yesterday made me sad...we need to be in that mix.

but for the record, the ONLY florida team in the tourney is UF (I guess that makes me feel a little better, but not much)

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

The next coach is stepping into a good situation

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Think the next coaxh should get us to 17 to 21 wins immediately. Just getting AC healthy adds 3 to 4 victories.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Think the next coaxh should get us to 17 to 21 wins immediately. Just getting AC healthy adds 3 to 4 victories.

:facepalm:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,601
  • Days Won:  424

But that's like looking at the yard and saying, "Man, they are messy," without realizing the true identity of the owners of the house...

When we were paying Seth around 400K a year, Bob Huggins and Cincy had a recruiting jet. And that was before we got into the Big East.

Once in the Big East, we were the Pinto to their Porsche. This is why it was amazing that Stan Heath got us that NCAA bid and tournament victories. I still don't know how it happened!

Now, this is not to say Stan didn't have huge coaching problems when it came to the game itself.

It's all in the past, though! We've got facilities now. I'm ready for some winning!

Very nice .... although Pinto to Porsche was a bit underplayed ... more like Yugo to Rolls Royce.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Not sure what you're face palming at. It is very realistic that a coach comes in and improves us at least 5-7 wins.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf needs to make a great hire and pay what is necessary now!!  instead of paying for someone not to coach later on

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Not sure what you're face palming at. It is very realistic that a coach comes in and improves us at least 5-7 wins.

Especially if Heath is as terrible a coach as some on here say.

Add a better coach. Keep the bomb shooting recruit that he signed. Get back a top 3 in conference pg (most important position in college). Get rid of 2 terrible leader seniors. 5 to 9 additional victories should come.