• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

He turned us down already before we hired Stan. What do we offer better than WSU other than location? WSU was/is a better college basketball job. Our facilities have vastly improved since then but conference went in the other direction. If he wasn't up for the challenge back then, can't see why he would be now ... unless we do something like double his salary.

How do you know he turned us down? I mean I wasnt around back then, but just read an article on Washington Post that made it seem like we(and Arkansas) passed on him, so he went to WSU.

A second offer came shortly thereafter. South Florida called with a $750,000 annual contract to coach in the Big East. Once again, Marshall turned it down.

“I sat there in my bedroom [thinking], ‘Did I just turn down three quarters of a million dollars to coach in the Big East?'†he said. “'I think I did.'â€

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/21978834/one-phone-call-changed-it-all-for-final-four-bound-wichita-state

What could have been...

Oh well

This is why I am glad that USF has been using search firms lately as that coaching search was pretty embarrassing with USF getting egg on their face from about 3 or more coaches saying no. A lot of coaches looked at our facilites and laughed. They said thanks but no thanks!. Woolard ran into Heath at the airport fromt he Final Four and Woolard convinced Heath to take the job. Heath did not have to take this mess but he did. That is why I thank Heath for turning things around here at USF. It is a much better job than before. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Marshall can write his ticket. USF is not the ticket he wants to punch.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this guy isnt leaving wsu for usf

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

Man you USF fans shoot for the stars....lol. 

Lol. Sure we can't have Pitino? Please? 

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Man you USF fans shoot for the stars....lol. 

Lol. Sure we can't have Pitino? Please? 

And Jurich. Don't forget that we had some folks on here thinking that we could somehow pry Jurich away from Louisville. :lmao:

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

He turned us down already before we hired Stan. What do we offer better than WSU other than location? WSU was/is a better college basketball job. Our facilities have vastly improved since then but conference went in the other direction. If he wasn't up for the challenge back then, can't see why he would be now ... unless we do something like double his salary.

How do you know he turned us down? I mean I wasnt around back then, but just read an article on Washington Post that made it seem like we(and Arkansas) passed on him, so he went to WSU.

A second offer came shortly thereafter. South Florida called with a $750,000 annual contract to coach in the Big East. Once again, Marshall turned it down.

“I sat there in my bedroom [thinking], ‘Did I just turn down three quarters of a million dollars to coach in the Big East?'†he said. “'I think I did.'â€

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/21978834/one-phone-call-changed-it-all-for-final-four-bound-wichita-state

dang. for real what could have been

Edited by usfvictor

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

What could have been...

Oh well

This is why I am glad that USF has been using search firms lately as that coaching search was pretty embarrassing with USF getting egg on their face from about 3 or more coaches saying no. A lot of coaches looked at our facilites and laughed. They said thanks but no thanks!. Woolard ran into Heath at the airport fromt he Final Four and Woolard convinced Heath to take the job. Heath did not have to take this mess but he did. That is why I thank Heath for turning things around here at USF. It is a much better job than before. 

One of your more rational posts ... although, it's a better job now mainly because of facilities and dropping down in conference .... Thanks, Doug! B)

The fact that the coach at Winthrop turned down almost doubling his salary and going to one of the premier basketball conferences in the country to avoid USF tells you all you need to know about the status our program back then.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

What could have been...

Oh well

One of your more rational posts ... although, it's a better job now mainly because of facilities and dropping down in conference .... Thanks, Doug! B)

The fact that the coach at Winthrop turned down almost doubling his salary and going to one of the premier basketball conferences in the country to avoid USF tells you all you need to know about the status our program back then.

It's the burial ground, I tell you.