• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Eric Musselman Former G.S. Warriors head coach

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

At this point, since so many other exciting candidates are unattainable, had fake resumes, used us for a contract extension, etc. it appears that Donnie Tyndall would be an worthy candidate!

Donnie Tyndal

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

CPA Bull is trollin hard around here lately

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

USF Great Chucky Atkins @cdiem007 Thinks Eric Musselman Would Be A Great Choice For USF http://sbn.to/1lhmtCF 

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

USF’s search is now basically down to ASU assistant Eric Musselman and UK assistant Orlando Antigua, sources told @CBSSports. Story coming.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Musselman would be a TERRIBLE hire.

I am so disappointed in how inept Mark Harlan is in this coaching search.

Where are all the EXCELLENT candidates I heard about that were excited about this job? This coaching search is so Bush League!

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but I see nothing but upside with this potential option. 

This would be a home run hire and IMHO....could work out even better than the aborted Masiello hire.

• Excellent recruiter
  • Great X's & O's guy
  • NBA experience as a head coach, scout, assistant
  • Family business: hoops is in the family's blood 
  • Experience as P5 conference assistant has given him a great apprenticeship for the college game
  • Reputation as a great TEACHER of the game that gets the most of his players. 
    • If I am Perry, Egbunu et al I am salivating at this possibility

Another great thing about this guy is that his pro background would work really well with the dynamics of having to coach a college team in a heavily saturated pro market. He will essentially run this program like an NBA team which would be appealing to recruits. This could be a Larry Brown type of hire with the ability to turn this thing around quickly by taking advantage of existing talent base, great facilities and University. He just needs to fill in the holes with recruits on twitter who are already saying that USF would jump to the top of their list .

If the college basketball gods on Mount Olympus have any mercy and sense of decency.... please let this rumor be true!

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

Where are all the EXCELLENT candidates I heard about that were excited about this job? This coaching search is so Bush League!

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but I see nothing but upside with this potential option. 

This would be a home run hire and IMHO....could work out even better than the aborted Masiello hire.

• Excellent recruiter
  • Great X's & O's guy
  • Experience as P5 conference assistant has given him a great apprenticeship for the college game

Another great thing about this guy is that his pro background would work really well with the dynamics of having to coach a college team in a heavily saturated pro market. He will essentially run this program like an NBA team which would be appealing to recruits. This could be a Larry Brown type of hire with the ability to turn this thing around quickly by taking advantage of existing talent base, great facilities and University. He just needs to fill in the holes with recruits on twitter who are already saying that USF would jump to the top of their list .

If the college basketball gods on Mount Olympus have any mercy and sense of decency.... please let this rumor be true!

I could not agree more. Having watched his father coach in the NBA then watching Eric and the intensity that he brought to the GS Warriors. ASU under Herb Sendek has been horrible. After 2 years with Musselman they are vastly improved and made the NCAAs this year. If he recruits with the same intensity that he coaches (tell recruits what it takes to make it in the NBA). 

I think this would be a HOME RUN Hire.

We have already tried the "safe" route. 

Give this guy a chance. Think out of the Box.....

Go Bulls........

JMHO

Ty

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

USF’s search is now basically down to ASU assistant Eric Musselman and UK assistant Orlando Antigua, sources told @CBSSports. Story coming.

Would not be horrible IMO.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yes, but will he run an uptempo offense or do we get more paint-drying sessions?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

• Excellent recruiter
  • Great X's & O's guy

I would 100% support this hire. Which recruits are saying USF would jump to the top of their list?

Edited by TExpress17

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45

Given the other options, this should be the guy. So much more potential upside than a career assistant like Antigua.