• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Temple at USF(Final home game)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Temple with no depth comes from 16 behind in the 2nd half and wins.  Inexcusable!!!

I believe it was 18 pts

Even the ref knew it was more than 16. We were on the floor today (thanks to DW). During one of the last time outs I looked at him and I shook my head and said "this is fun" (sarcastically).  He said "A 20 point lead".  I asked him if we was working the tourney in Memphis and said that he would be at the Big East tournament.  One of the refs at the game will be in Memphis he said.

This group of refs was probably one of the best I had seen all year.  I'm usually screaming at them throughout the game.  There are always some calls you'd like to see go the other way but all in all they did a good job.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Stan needs to win the tourney to keep his job. Unless the AD has not been hired by the final 4.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Stan needs to win the tourney to keep his job. Unless the AD has not been hired by the final 4.

USF has about month to make a change. You have to give the new coach the time to put a staff together and recruit the spring and evaluate what players he wants to try and keep on the current roster. AAU plays starts up soon and April is a huge month. Firing Stan mid summer doesn't help anybody from the coaches to the players.

Frankly if Heath is still the coach after the summer, then you have to keep him for 1 more season. Take another pounding and then make the move.

The Final 4 meetings is a prime time for College ADs to meet with coaching candidates.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

USF might want to show the donors and season ticket holders they are invested in the Program like they want us to be, Fire Heath than ask us to buy next years tickets, Don't send me an email asking me to renew for NEXT year(cpl days ago) when we are not finished this year and we suck this bad and USF sits back quietly (no announcements on the AD or state of the BB program).   

Want more of my money , show me you care like you want me to care!!!

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  3

USF might want to show the donors and season ticket holders they are invested in the Program like they want us to be, Fire Heath than ask us to buy next years tickets, Don't send me an email asking me to renew for NEXT year(cpl days ago) when we are not finished this year and we suck this bad and USF sits back quietly (no announcements on the AD or state of the BB program).   

Want more of my money , show me you care like you want me to care!!!

Was just thinking the same thing.  I almost responded in a negative fashion to John Lewis, however it is not his fault so I will sleep on my thoughts.  They did it early to let people pay over 8 months which is good, but the timing is obviously poor with yet another terrible loss today. I for one will wait until they decide what to do and then I will prob still keep my tickets and pay on the last day as usual, then be mad about it lol.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,407
  • Days Won:  5

IMO, the main reasin he should be gone is that he doesn't play an uptempo, exciting, fun-to-watch style of roundball.

Like it or not, Heath and Taggart control how the university is viewed by much of the outside world.

The more entertaining we are, (plus the more games we win), means we can sell more beer and jerseys, and get back to the big leagues sooner.

Do they play this style at Wisconsin, did we not enjoy the run two years ago.  They don't play that style at Florida.  Don't you want wins or do you just want points

USF also pressing the Owls which is a smart move

smart move from a coach that isn't any good...how can that be?

Why can we not close out a game?

youth

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

^^^^ Youth can be a factor, but poor coaching is the main reason

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

IMO, the main reasin he should be gone is that he doesn't play an uptempo, exciting, fun-to-watch style of roundball.

Like it or not, Heath and Taggart control how the university is viewed by much of the outside world.

The more entertaining we are, (plus the more games we win), means we can sell more beer and jerseys, and get back to the big leagues sooner.

Do they play this style at Wisconsin, did we not enjoy the run two years ago.  They don't play that style at Florida.  Don't you want wins or do you just want points

Wins. Duh.  But I want wins by outscoring the other guy, not out-defensing them.