• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AND PEOPLE SAY WE HAVE GREEN AND GOLD GOGGLES?!?!?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Didn't they get a last minute Alabama commit or two. But also lost one or two of their top rated? I see they use the higher rankings when describing recruits like the QB they got. I've heard him described as 4 star but looked him up and he was 3 star. He kinda reminded me of what I saw this season for USF, a big, clunky, Frankenstein like player who has no pocket presence,

Putting-On-The-Ritz.jpg

Yes, they "flipped a 3 sta CB from Bama...right around the time Bama scored 2 5-star CBs.  Bama has a full class, and I'd be willing to bet they cut the 3 star loose once they locked in the 5 stars.  Still, likely a good get for UCF, but let's not pretent UCF stole a CB that Bama really wanted.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=745&yr=2014

Clearly you have it wrong.  Alabama had to "settle" for those two five star guys because UCF stole their coveted three star.  'Bama needed two lessor kids to make up the difference.

:lmao:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Well, give it couple of seasons and we can meet back here and compare stats.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  0

Usf bullrider. That is a good point. ...i hear you. I would say yes and no. I think it goes both ways. For example , UCF was primarily targeting three positions: Dline, Dback and QB. Oline and LB would be the secondary positions of need. Oleary had a press conference on this so I am not just making it up. You have to be careful with your recruiting board as to not offer up what might be a good prospect, but is not a great prospect. You can call it selective, but I would also say it is a gamble. When you have 17 scholarships you have to play it pretty tight and have less room for error. USF brought in a great class by the numbers and if you just look at the prospect regardless of star ratings. I guess I expected it. It is well known that tags can recruit and it is impressive, but expected. My only argument is that our class is also very good. Both schools had elite schools after their prospects. We are thrilled with our class.

Shadowbull u are an idiot. Already stated he came to ucf for family reasons and pt. Bama had two 5 star dbs...still came to ucf

They didnt cut him loose. Its well documented on bamaonline. Believe what you want.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Already stated he came to ucf for family reasons and pt. Bama had two 5 star dbs...still came to ucf

Eh?  Because Bama had two 5 star DBs his coming to UCF proves what exactly?  That he knew he was better than the other two?  Not sure what you are trying to say there.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,537
  • Days Won:  422

Didn't they get a last minute Alabama commit or two. But also lost one or two of their top rated? I see they use the higher rankings when describing recruits like the QB they got. I've heard him described as 4 star but looked him up and he was 3 star. He kinda reminded me of what I saw this season for USF, a big, clunky, Frankenstein like player who has no pocket presence,

Putting-On-The-Ritz.jpg

Yes, they "flipped a 3 sta CB from Bama...right around the time Bama scored 2 5-star CBs.  Bama has a full class, and I'd be willing to bet they cut the 3 star loose once they locked in the 5 stars.  Still, likely a good get for UCF, but let's not pretent UCF stole a CB that Bama really wanted.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=745&yr=2014

Dude, just the week before SD, Saban and Smart were in the kid's living room begging him, with tears in their eyes, to stay committed ...

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124

Ucf did well in addressing their biggest need which was Dbs and they also got very good qb prospect in Tyler. But to write they got the best class over fsu, um, uf, and usf is ridiculous. The bulls class overall as a group was good, however they did miss out on a Dt and a pro style qb which is why I would rate their class as an A-