• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AND PEOPLE SAY WE HAVE GREEN AND GOLD GOGGLES?!?!?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  334
  • Days Won:  0

It should be against TBP rules to post articles from the Orlando Slantinel, I mean Sentinel....

Just add it to the list:

Bleacher Report

Mike Bianchi

Andrea Adelson

Orlando Sentinel

:roflmao:

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

UCF and USF classes are very similar. The big difference is we had the luxury of signing 11 more recruits than them. Both classes should be B+/A. FSU's class is the only one that should be an A+.

USFs class was clearly better than UCFs.  Not just in ranking, but in addressing needs (granted, we have MORE needs to address).  Most of the recruiting sites don't go on volumen, but quality.  Our avg star rating is higher than UCFs, on all sites.

Look, none of that matters if they don't qualify, or don't produce on the field...we know this.  But if you're objective, like that big mass OUTSIDE the circle surrounding UCF, it's clear that the USF class > UCF's. 

The fact that this writer gave UCF an A+, Top 10 ranked classes at UM & UF an A and A-, respectively, is clear showinf bias, to the point of being silly homerism.

What I am a bit surprised about:  with a top 10 finish, they didn't seem to be able to lever than into any big haul.  The S that flipped from Vandy likely didn't want to stay after the coach swap, and preferred UCF over PSU.  Fine.  The kid that flipped from Bama?  I heard they chilled on him late.  But...in fairness, I heard that from a Bama alum, and they say that about EVERY recruit who dares decommits.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

UCF and USF classes are very similar. The big difference is we had the luxury of signing 11 more recruits than them. Both classes should be B+/A. FSU's class is the only one that should be an A+.

USFs class was clearly better than UCFs.  Not just in ranking, but in addressing needs (granted, we have MORE needs to address).  Most of the recruiting sites don't go on volumen, but quality.  Our avg star rating is higher than UCFs, on all sites.

Look, none of that matters if they don't qualify, or don't produce on the field...we know this.  But if you're objective, like that big mass OUTSIDE the circle surrounding UCF, it's clear that the USF class > UCF's. 

The fact that this writer gave UCF an A+, Top 10 ranked classes at UM & UF an A and A-, respectively, is clear showinf bias, to the point of being silly homerism.

What I am a bit surprised about:  with a top 10 finish, they didn't seem to be able to lever than into any big haul.  The S that flipped from Vandy likely didn't want to stay after the coach swap, and preferred UCF over PSU.  Fine.  The kid that flipped from Bama?  I heard they chilled on him late.  But...in fairness, I heard that from a Bama alum, and they say that about EVERY recruit who dares decommits.

Their big splash only occurred about a month before SD. If they have any big leverage from it, it will come in next class ...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

Which brings the next question on either the lack of talent in the Orlando area or that UCF has to compete with more schools than we do.  I say this in terms of proximity of UCF to Florida and Miami to UCF.  We do have some distance from those schools and our recruting areas. Not saying it is a lot.  The next thing is UCF a one hit wonder beause of Oleary and who would they bring after that?  They made need to hire a young coach soon or they may lose whatever traction they do have because it does not seem like much. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I think that guy is a college blogger they use, not a real reporter. Sorta like we have in Jeff now, but obviously his bias is shining though. But this is all subjective anyway. Let them gloat. And let USF start beating them again on a regular basis.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I think that guy is a college blogger they use, not a real reporter. Sorta like we have in Jeff now, but obviously his bias is shining though. But this is all subjective anyway. Let them gloat. And let USF start beating them again on a regular basis.

I think you're right...and it seems a bit weird to have someone like that assigned to evaluate recruiting classes (no offense Jeff).

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

UCF and USF classes are very similar. 

Clearly you would have failed a breathalyzer test at the time you posted this.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

You think the Slantinel is funny, you should have heard radio the last few days.   It's been highly entertaining listening to them talk about this amazingly great class.  They are riding high.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You think the Slantinel is funny, you should have heard radio the last few days.   It's been highly entertaining listening to them talk about this amazingly great class.  They are riding high.

I have and you're right.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Didn't they get a last minute Alabama commit or two. But also lost one or two of their top rated? I see they use the higher rankings when describing recruits like the QB they got. I've heard him described as 4 star but looked him up and he was 3 star. He kinda reminded me of what I saw this season for USF, a big, clunky, Frankenstein like player who has no pocket presence,

Putting-On-The-Ritz.jpg