• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AND PEOPLE SAY WE HAVE GREEN AND GOLD GOGGLES?!?!?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I wouldn't downplay the fact they got Tyler Harris. Him and Kyle Gibson are good reasons to feel good about their class and USF would be fortunate to land a QB of that caliber in 2015. But it's slim pickins after those two.

Orlando sports radio is why I got a bluetooth/Pandora ready car stereo.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  74
  • Days Won:  0

Hate to tell you guys , but our recruiting class is as good as ours. We got two defensive tackles that were in fact SEC quality lineman with the offers to back it up so not sure where you guys get your information. GOL is also very good at recognizing where olineman and their frames will be 2 years from now and has developed many NFL olineman. All three of our olineman were in the offense-defense all star game along with kyle gibson and are better long term prospects than you may think. Rankings are rankings. 247 sports who uses a pool of analysts and has UCF with four 4* players at 90+. We did have 3 defensive backs with a full offersheet with valid offers and sec/big 10/acc chasing them down until signing day. This is confirmed by other pay boards .a bama.recruit came our way due to family health

reasons and pt opportunities,but saban and smart were on him until signing day morning confirmed by the bama 247 and rivals sites.

We also got a very good Pro style qb that fits our system and is highly rated at the most important position on the field IMO.

For these reasons the comparison is a push IMO. USF got a ton of talent, but signed many more prospects skewing the rankings. I would say look at the size and range of both classes and they are very good. Definitely the best class we have ever signed by far.

It doesn't suprise me that taggart got a good class after 2-10. He can sell PT. Sometimes it is just as hard to recruit as a winner as it is when you are offering early P

I would say the classes are a push.

Couldnt edit..first sentence correction is "our class is as good as yours"

Bullphin,

Do your homework on Chris Williams, Jamius Pittman, Errol Clark, Lance McDowdell, Michael Rogers in addition to Tyler Harris and Kyle Gibson. Every player is just as bit as good or heralded as Harris/Gibson.

Sorry, but you are flat out wrong. Would be the equivalent of me taking a quick look at rivals and saying Bayes and D Johnson are good but after that slim pickins..lol.

Truthfully if you want to get into star ratings and inaccuracies I would say McCants and Mack are your best prospects. You do know that scout and rivals base rankings more on exposure and camps than anything right? If you are a good promoter your ratings will be higher.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

It's also easier to recruit when you have less spots to fill.  You can be more selective.  Willie Taggart brought in solid talent top to bottom for 25+spots.  Imagine what kind of effort that took.  Taggart will have higher avg star rating when he can be more selective.

I am jealous of your line play though.  Good job on that GOL.  Seems you didn't address RB in this class though.  What are your plans there?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Didn't they get a last minute Alabama commit or two. But also lost one or two of their top rated? I see they use the higher rankings when describing recruits like the QB they got. I've heard him described as 4 star but looked him up and he was 3 star. He kinda reminded me of what I saw this season for USF, a big, clunky, Frankenstein like player who has no pocket presence,

Putting-On-The-Ritz.jpg

Yes, they "flipped a 3 sta CB from Bama...right around the time Bama scored 2 5-star CBs.  Bama has a full class, and I'd be willing to bet they cut the 3 star loose once they locked in the 5 stars.  Still, likely a good get for UCF, but let's not pretent UCF stole a CB that Bama really wanted.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=8&toinid=745&yr=2014

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Bullphin,

Do your homework on Chris Williams, Jamius Pittman, Errol Clark, Lance McDowdell, Michael Rogers in addition to Tyler Harris and Kyle Gibson. Every player is just as bit as good or heralded as Harris/Gibson.

Sorry, but you are flat out wrong. Would be the equivalent of me taking a quick look at rivals and saying Bayes and D Johnson are good but after that slim pickins..lol.

Truthfully if you want to get into star ratings and inaccuracies I would say McCants and Mack are your best prospects. You do know that scout and rivals base rankings more on exposure and camps than anything right? If you are a good promoter your ratings will be higher.

Oh thanks. Now it's clear to me. UCF is the next Alabama. I mean just look at all those names.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Couldnt edit..first sentence correction is "our class is as good as yours"

No problem.  You had it right the first time.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I would say the classes are a push.

Of course you would, because you are painting it in the best possible light for UCF.  That statement alone kind of proves that you are subconsciously aware that you got out-recruited by USF.