• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stan Earning His Check

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

I would really like to get Durham, but don't you think the best chance is that he has a relationship with Josh and Stan.  Otherwise we really have no chance when going against the top programs around the country.  Unless his main interest is to play close to home.  USf needs to continue to build before we start landing this type of recruit.

It doesn't hurt, but Stan needs to start winning NOW or it won't help. What really is helping is that Chris Perry is on the team, that Troy Holston is coming with the possibility of Jeff Garrett with him. Florida kids are recruiting each other and the strong message that Holston said about staying home because he can achieve everything at USF that he could outside of the state resonates with these guys. Have seen others use that comment as well. For the 2015 class, if Heath gets the right 1st commitment then others are coming as well.

USF doesn't have to build anything but the bond among these kids and coaches. They have everything else in place with facilities and location.

I'm not as faithful a follower of MBB than FB, but I do watch some games. Just by way of general comment - coaching changes should not be taken lightly at the collegiate level. Unless you have a program that is already very successful and loaded with talent, terminating a coach means you are basically starting over. I can see what CSH is starting to build, now with the benefit of improved facilities. Give him a meaningful chance to see through what he's building with this latest top-flight group of young players. If we do otherwise I just don't see us getting an equally good MBB coach for what we can afford and what we offer him from a basketball prestige standpoint.

USF doesn't need a big name head coach with the recruiting base the way it is. Now if USF continues on the road to mediocrity then you will have to up the ante on the level of head coach replacements. Right now this is potentially a great job for a HC as he can come in and have a chance to win right away and sign some tremendous talent.

What USF needs is a energetic used car salesman that brings passion to his job and has the gift of gab to excite these local HS players and coaches. Those guys are out there and you don't have to pay a lot of money to get them as they are either at a smaller school, an assistant on a big school level, or out of work looking for another opportunity.

Edited by Vega

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

I'm not as faithful a follower of MBB than FB, but I do watch some games. Just by way of general comment - coaching changes should not be taken lightly at the collegiate level. Unless you have a program that is already very successful and loaded with talent, terminating a coach means you are basically starting over. I can see what CSH is starting to build, now with the benefit of improved facilities. Give him a meaningful chance to see through what he's building with this latest top-flight group of young players. If we do otherwise I just don't see us getting an equally good MBB coach for what we can afford and what we offer him from a basketball prestige standpoint.

USF doesn't need a big name head coach with the recruiting base the way it is. Now if USF continues on the road to mediocrity then you will have to up the ante on the level of head coach replacements.

What USF needs is a energetic used car salesman that brings passion to his job and has the gift of gab to excite these local HS players and coaches. Those guys are out there and you don't have to pay a lot of money to get them as they are either at a smaller school, an assistant on a big school level, or out of work looking for another opportunity.

Isn't that what we had when Seth Greenberg was here?  That only lasts so long and gets old.  And you want to talk about poor x and o's?  these talkers usually are not good game coaches

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Vega has wanted Stan's head on a platter since day one

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

USF doesn't need a big name head coach with the recruiting base the way it is. Now if USF continues on the road to mediocrity then you will have to up the ante on the level of head coach replacements.

Isn't that what we had when Seth Greenberg was here?  That only lasts so long and gets old.  And you want to talk about poor x and o's?  these talkers usually are not good game coaches

Absolutely ... but you may have to explain to Vega who he was.

Actually, though, looking at Seth's record before and after coming to USF, he may have had a little more success here with the Muma Center helping him with recruiting ... don't know the long term viability, though.

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

I posted this on a different thread but think its more suited here.  Plus I would say trending higher then trending down with the recruiting

here is Stans overall record

Total: 207–195 (.515)

Plus take into account he has done two rebuilding projects one at arkansas and here at USF.  When you do that you have two years to get the program going in the right direction take out the first two years at each of those programs and his record is

167-119 for a .584 winning percentage

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

To answer the question NO the One win doesn't equate to earning his pay. He is paid over 1 million a year so basically one w we pay 100,000 for.(that's including the OOC wins vs the warm up teams/sacrificial lambs). Was a great win last night, Sad that a lot of people bailed and didn't show up in person to see it live(I was there but a lot of people around us bailed). 3,000 and change last night was reported attendance.

On a side note heard on the local sports radio this joke yesterday was funny but unfort it was about us which makes it not so funny.(and its partially true)

"Why doesn't USF have a website for its athletic teams?  Because they cant put 3 W's together"  (www.)  in a row.

Again not my joke ,Im a Bulls fan this was told on the radio yesterday.

Edited by Dhambuc

USF has one in Willie Taggart for FB

Here are a few names in basketball who fit the profile I listed. John Calipari is one of the best ever and others like Brad Stevens, Shaka Smart, and Josh Pastner have been able to make a name for themselves. Guys on the come up like Richard Pitino, Archie Miller, Mitch Henderson, Michael White, Andy Toole, and Sydney Johnson would be coaches USF could probably get without breaking the bank at least right now, because those guys would win big and in a hurry here with the tools USF has in place.Those are but a few lesser name guys, but they seem to get it done quite well and are highly though of in the coaching world of college athletics.

Edited by Vega

To answer the question NO the One win doesn't equate to earning his pay. He is paid over 1 million a year so basically one w we pay 100,000 for.(that's including the OOC wins vs the warm up teams/sacrificial lambs). Was a great win last night, Sad that a lot of people bailed and didn't show up in person to see it live(I was there but a lot of people around us bailed). 3,000 and change last night was reported attendance.

On a side note heard on the local sports radio this joke yesterday was funny but unfort it was about us which makes it not so funny.(and its partially true)

"Why doesn't USF have a website for its athletic teams?  Because they cant put 3 W's together"  (www.)  in a row.

that's not bad

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

that's not bad

Kinda funny, but stupid since there are official team websites.