• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football bowl vs. NCAA tourney

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Does 5 = 3 in slick math?

You think USF is going bowling again anytime soon? :roflmao: Besides, it feels like 5 to me. Doesn't it to you?

If I said I thought USF would get back to a bowl in the next 3 years, would that mean an actual 3 years or should I expect nothing before 2018?

USF hasn't been in 3 years. So perhaps 2 more without is what I was thinking. It was only an approximate. I saw someone else say every 10 years for NCAA invites, so I approximated the number of bowl games we've been to and how many losing seasons so far and figured it may take 2 or 3 to get to the next bowl, hence 5 and 5.

How are you only able to approximate the number of bowls USF has been to (and get it wrong, I might add) but you can rattle off the exact contents of GOL's contract with UCF from the top of your head?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

You think USF is going bowling again anytime soon? :roflmao: Besides, it feels like 5 to me. Doesn't it to you?

If I said I thought USF would get back to a bowl in the next 3 years, would that mean an actual 3 years or should I expect nothing before 2018?

USF hasn't been in 3 years. So perhaps 2 more without is what I was thinking. It was only an approximate. I saw someone else say every 10 years for NCAA invites, so I approximated the number of bowl games we've been to and how many losing seasons so far and figured it may take 2 or 3 to get to the next bowl, hence 5 and 5.

How are you only able to approximate the number of bowls USF has been to (and get it wrong, I might add) but you can rattle off the exact contents of GOL's contract with UCF from the top of your head?

How do you not know what approximate means and can't tell when someone is quoting a newspaper article? You do know USF has been to 6 bowl games, right? You can use Google, right? I think I've way overestimated your abilities.

• ap·prox·i·mate
  1. nearly exact: not quite exact, but only slightly more or less in number or quantity

How do you not know what approximate means and can't tell when someone is quoting a newspaper article? You do know USF has been to 6 bowl games, right? You can use Google, right? I think I've way overestimated your abilities.

• ap·prox·i·mate
  1. nearly exact: not quite exact, but only slightly more or less in number or quantity

Still doesn't explain how you can only approximate the number of times your "favorite" football team has played in the post-season and you can quote verbatim the fine print on some other school's coach's contract. And save the horsefeathers about finding the numbers online, you know/care more about UCF than 99% of the alumni I know.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

Why is it impossible for us to make it to the CFPlayoff? WHEN we do, It would be great to have a NCAA tourney invite in the same year. 

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

• ap·prox·i·mate

Still doesn't explain how you can only approximate the number of times your "favorite" football team has played in the post-season and you can quote verbatim the fine print on some other school's coach's contract. And save the horsefeathers about finding the numbers online, you know/care more about UCF than 99% of the alumni I know.

Its called cut and paste.  It was a current article I read because of the Fiesta bowl. When was the last article about USF going to a bowl game? What year? You sure are trying to make something out of nothing and start crap. Not surprising though as most here are too focused on little, non-consequential crap instead of the fact that USF's athletics is in serious doo doo.

Edited by slick1ru2

• ap·prox·i·mate

Its called cut and paste.  It was a current article I read because of the Fiesta bowl. When was the last article about USF going to a bowl game? What year? You sure are trying to make something out of nothing and start crap. Not surprising though as most here are too focused on little, non-consequential crap instead of the fact that USF's athletics is in serious doo doo.

I retract my confusion and questions about your UCF *****. Still no excuse for being a USF fan and having to guess on the number of bowls we've been to.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Right now, I think it's more important for the football program to make a bowl than for the men's bball team receiving an NCAA Tourney bid.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Right now, I think it's more important for the football program to make a bowl than for the men's bball team receiving an NCAA Tourney bid.

Disagree, seeing that "right now" football season is over and roundball is just heating up. #jussayin!

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Bowl

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

When we say "bowl"...are we talking about the G(5) invite to the P(5) bowls (Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, Orange) or are we talking about 'any bowl' (as in Nassau, Fort Meyers, Fort Worth, etc.)?  The reason I'm asking is, would there be a point where the novelty of a collection of the Papa John's Meineke International Bowl trophies would be of less value than making it to the final four in basketball? 

Given that half the FBS schools go to 'a bowl' ... not that impressive. 

Getting to the NCAA tourney, that's a little harder and probably garners more overall attention for a short time span. Advancing in the tournament...that's something else. 

I'm voting hoops.