• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football bowl vs. NCAA tourney

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

NCAA Tournament bid > Any bowl game not in January (forget those Alabama bowls in Jan.)

January bowl > NCAA Tournament bid

Final 4 > January bowl

National Championship playoff > Final 4

This makes sense. I think I concur.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Missing a bowl game and making the NCAA tourney are equal in their impact.

Making a bowl game is greater than missing the NCAAs.

Prestige and money? Because to USF it seems harder to get into the NCAAs. Statistically too since so many more schools compete for about the same number of openings as there are bowl game invites. (Do I dare use the word approximate here without getting jumped on?)

Someone needs to tell slick to reread what Apis wrote ...

Heck, I don't even understand what Apis wrote...

Yeah I just tried to figure what he said. "Making one is greater than missing another?" That's the part I ignored. So then I questioned what he meant about the first part. The two being equal in their impact, in what way?

Next time I'd suggest trying to figure out he said before replying ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Look like I need to further explain, yes making the tourney is better than just any bowl game.  What I was saying was NOT making a bowl game has as much impact to the negative, as making the NCAAs has toward the positive.

Positive impacts (in order of importance IMO):  Making the National Championship Playoffs, football conference championship, making a top (formerly BCS) bowl game, making the NCAA tournament, making it to a bowl game.

Negative impacts (in order of importance):  Missing a bowl game..............  missing the NCAAs

Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I understood what you meant ... The fact that slick and charsibb didn't get it does make me better, though.  B)

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Look like I need to further explain, yes making the tourney is better than just any bowl game.  What I was saying was NOT making a bowl game has as much impact to the negative, as making the NCAAs has toward the positive.

Positive impacts (in order of importance IMO):  Making the National Championship Playoffs, football conference championship, making a top (formerly BCS) bowl game, making the NCAA tournament, making it to a bowl game.

Negative impacts (in order of importance):  Missing a bowl game..............  missing the NCAAs

Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I understood what you meant ... The fact that slick and charsibb didn't get it does make me feel better, though.  B)

Let's call it a good thing.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Tourney is WAY BETTER than the International Bowl considering it ended with our game...