• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When the time comes for us to find a new AD ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Lee Roy did more for us when he was not an AD than as AD. 

Absolutely right. Selmon's most meaningful contributions to USF did not come as an administrator.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

Or make 2014 the year he finally unveils his super secret weapon that leads to USF winning national titles in every sport.

He'll be gone then, too. 

No one measures the AD's performance on National Championships.  That's the wives tale some use around here to scatter the issue.  It's measured on actual performance, not what hasn't he done for the program.  Look what he has done to the program.  No need to add any hyperbole.

I was obviously joking. But if USF won a national title in every sport in one year, I'm pretty sure we would all be in a more forgiving mood, Brad.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Forgetting national titles I assume the minimum expectations should be to be competing for conference titles in most sports in most years. By that metric we are woefully inadequate. Note I did not say winning but legitimately competing. In the 3 biggest sports we've been down for a good while.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

Forgetting national titles I assume the minimum expectations should be to be competing for conference titles in most sports in most years. By that metric we are woefully inadequate. Note I did not say winning but legitimately competing. In the 3 biggest sports we've been down for a good while.

I agree 1,000% with this being a realistic expectation...we should not be a perennial cellar dweller in most sports (with the occasional surprise year) considering our resources and the watered down conference.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I'd like to see them hire someone with a vision, great communication skills, ability to evaluate talent, and has shown the ability to execute in their previous roles.

You left out THE most important quality .... the ability to squeeze blood out of a turnip. 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

Need to get rid of the president and AD then hire Jim Leavitt as the AD. If the coaches don't win get ready for a headbutt.

Well, since Selmon is so popular, we should hire another Bucs legend. Here are some suggestions:

Trent Dilfer

Martin Gramatica

Vinny Testaverde

Bert Emanuel

Brian Kelly (not the Notre Dame coach)

Corey Ivy

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

We need to find another Tom Jurich.  

Considering how Louisville's athletic programs have done in recent memory, just reading the comments in this article about Charlie Strong's move to Texas - I want Tom Jurich, or a clone, to be USF's AD whenever we need to look for one.  

You do realize that the Louisville program has had a much larger budget than USF, right?  They have way more athletics donors and ESPN helped push them over the edge.  Tom Jurich isn't a magician, he did a solid job with way more resources than USF has.  

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/26/sports/at-louisville-an-athletic-boom-made-for-and-by-tv.html?_r=0

Get ESPN to shower millions on USF like they did UL, and we'd be where they are.  If you read this article, you'll understand that there was never any way USF was going to the P5 before Louisville made it.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

Well, since Selmon is so popular, we should hire another Bucs legend. Here are some suggestions:

Trent Dilfer

Martin Gramatica

Vinny Testaverde

Bert Emanuel

Brian Kelly (not the Notre Dame coach)

Corey Ivy

warren sapp :D