• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gee, I wonder who looks better to the Big12 right now......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Does adding UCF (or USF) produce more $ from the networks to give to the existing members in the BIG12? No. As I have said again and again we are here long term.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see b12 take Cincinnati and UCF, with USF left behind. 

If that happens the president and ad should be fired within 5 min. Yes it's that important. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

The answer to the OP question is USF looks better. From facilities to television market to academics we are the more desirable school. Honestly these threads are getting more and more ridiculous. When a team has a good season in the history of the NCAA it has never led to them being the reason to joining a better conference.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see b12 take Cincinnati and UCF, with USF left behind. 

If that happens the president and ad should be fired within 5 min. Yes it's that important. 

This has been my biggest fear since UCF got added to the conference. I got called a UCF troll the last time I suggested it, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. Cincinatti is 65-21 since 2007, bridges a geographic gap between Iowa State and West Virginia, is rennovating and expanding their facilities,is 35 spots higher in this year's Best Colleges ranking than either USF or UCF, and dwarves their combined endowments.

The main drawback is that Cincinnati is a relatively small TV market and Ohio State pretty much has the state and surrounding area on lockdown. Additionally, leaving USF behind leaves UCF without a conference rivalry, but I'm sure the Knights wouldn't care at that point since they'd be sitting on a mountain of TV money and could care less who they played. At that point USF would sell it's soul for a 2:1 against them just so they could feed off of scraps and get some exposure outside of the dying AAC. Doug would sell it as "a great opportunity for the Bulls to compete against the highest level of competition," as if it was a good thing. The future of college football as written by Stephen King.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,003
  • Days Won:  12

Big 12 would be smart to recognize the mistakes USF made and give them time to correct. I presume they have had conversations with Doug/Judy saying "this is what we need to see".

That being said, I doubt that is enough. At this point, with the leadership we have, I expect very little. I expect a competitive team in a non pee-5 conference and a new healthcare building every few years or so. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,706
  • Days Won:  424

The answer to the OP question is USF looks better. From facilities to television market to academics we are the more desirable school. Honestly these threads are getting more and more ridiculous. When a team has a good season in the history of the NCAA it has never led to them being the reason to joining a better conference.

There is a portion of our fanbase that likes to wallow in self pity based on what-ifs ...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

It's amazing how 1 QB can completely change a school over 1 season.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Conference realignment is about making money.  Which goes further in conference realignment consideration, a school's best year ever and a win on the field or the fact that a school has to return more than 10,000 tickets (60% of their allotment) at a cost of almost $3.5 million dollars and have to seek financial assistance from the conference to offset the deficit?

Why would a conference that is looking to increase its revenue bring in a school that is a financial burden?

if you look at conference realignment issues blindly, from a money making perspective, as the way those in charge look at it, the win on the field takes a back seat (maybe third or fourth row) to having to shell out the cash to have a team like this as part of the conference.

Edited by usfgrad84

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Big 12 would be smart to recognize the mistakes USF made and give them time to correct. I presume they have had conversations with Doug/Judy saying "this is what we need to see".

That being said, I doubt that is enough. At this point, with the leadership we have, I expect very little. I expect a competitive team in a non pee-5 conference and a new healthcare building every few years or so. 

Klasko is gone. I think we won't be spending money we don't have on USF Health buildings in the future. Gonna be a long time paying off what he built.