• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marlon Mack, RB, Booker HS, Sarasota. Fl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

I know everyone hates the Gators but I know most of you remember the 1996 team that had three studs at RB with Fred Taylor, Terry Jackson and Elijah WIlliams. That ended up working out and was very effective as each had certain strengths and the same is true with our current RB's. Another huge plus is both Mack and Johnson are great out of the backfield and should help add another dimension to our offense. 

I was looking at McCray's highlights the other day and it got me thinking if there might be a possibility that he adds some more bulk(maybe why he was redshirted?)and plays FB, considering he did in High School. 

Imagine some of the backfields we could lineup with, Mack/McCray/Swanson, Johnson/Tice/McCray, McCants/McCray/Swanson, Tice/McCray/Swanson, and so on! 

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I know everyone hates the Gators but I know most of you remember the 1996 team that had three studs at RB with Fred Taylor, Terry Jackson and Elijah WIlliams. That ended up working out and was very effective as each had certain strengths and the same is true with our current RB's. Another huge plus is both Mack and Johnson are great out of the backfield and should help add another dimension to our offense. 

I was looking at McCray's highlights the other day and it got me thinking if there might be a possibility that he adds some more bulk(maybe why he was redshirted?)and plays FB, considering he did in High School. 

Imagine some of the backfields we could lineup with, Mack/McCray/Swanson, Johnson/Tice/McCray, McCants/McCray/Swanson, Tice/McCray/Swanson, and so on! 

Not to mention the blocking schemes that can be put in place with that stable of horses. The power run game always has effective blocking out of the backfield and we now have the depth to pull that off. Don't remember a Bulls team with that kind of depth and ability in the BF. We've had good single back performances before but never this kind of threat.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Don't forget Davis in this mix. He may fit the defintiion of "power runner" better than any of them.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Mack and McCants could be the two most explosive players out of this class. Mack has quick burst that help him pull away from defenders. I see McCants as a return guy as a freshman.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Good assessment. Hope to see it come to fruition. 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Mack and McCants could be the two most explosive players out of this class. Mack has quick burst that help him pull away from defenders. I see McCants as a return guy as a freshman.

And both are thick: 5'11" +/- 200 lbs

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

Excited to see our stud Full back from last yr lead the way

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484

Good assessment. Hope to see it come to fruition.

It worked for awhile but eventually the cream rose to the top...Taylor stayed at tailback.. Williams moved to LB and Jackson moved to FB so they could see the field. BUT a crowded backfield is a nice problem to have!!

• 7 months later...

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

I predict this guy will be pretty good his freshman year :-)

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  924

I predict this guy will be pretty good his freshman year :-)

that's a bold prediction cotton