• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart vows "it will get better"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I've five words as a response to his interview:  "PUT UP OR SHUT UP"!

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I think he will fix it.   The quote I like best was from asst coach Ray Woodie... "We are building a bully..."

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

Like what I'm seeing. Signing day is going to be huge this year.

Another 2-10 season is unacceptable. He gets a pass this year, but we need to see big improvements on offense in 2014.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124
  • Days Won:  0

What ever happened to max lang? He was a high recruit who hasn't started one game yet.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Ok, if we did not have the players this year, on the O-line to punch the other team in the face them what about next year? Here is our current players for next year, I believe one is gone. I like the height just not sure how we did not push some teams like FAU and McNeese State around.

Austin Reiter OC 6-3 273 RJr

Steven Jacques OG 6-3 306 RSr (Might be gone)

Kofi Amichia OL 6-4 265 RFr

Kameron Davis OL 6-5 258 RFr

Mak Djulbegovic OL 6-5 289 RSo

Quinterrius Eastom OL 6-6 311 Rjr

Brynjar Gudmudsson OL 6-4 305 RSo

Jeremi Hall OL 6-5 340 Fr

Thor Jozwaik OL 6-4 300 RSo

Jake Kaufman OL 6-9 313 Rjr

Max Lang OL 6-5 274 RSo

Cameron Ruff OL 6-3 307 Fr

Jake Smith OL 6-5 291 RSo

Dominique Threatt OL 6-1 310 Fr

Caleb Tucker OL 6-4 265 Fr

Darrell Williams OL 6-5 287 Jr

"We have to recruit players that fit our system, but we also want to develop the guys that are here."

Edited by usfgrad84

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Glad to know we have so many college football coaches on the forum today.

The pieces that interest me in this article are:

Taggart wanted the best and believed it was possible. But things gnawed at him. He was worried about the attitude of the players and was troubled by their practice habits.

"I have a plan, a vision and patience to see it through and we are going to see it through," Taggart said. "We are not changing. How can we get better if we change? We are not trying to be like everyone else. We are trying to do what we do. This offense works."

And to those who are saying he's not adapting:

Taggart has heard the critics complaining that he is utilizing the wrong schemes and he might be the wrong guy for the job.

"My whole thing is that if you are really not in it here you really can't tell me what to do," Taggart said. "I don't think we are far off. I don't worry about whether I am going to get fired. I get up every morning and give one-hundred percent to our program. We might be very close. We need to improve our offense.

And finally the most telling:

We want guys with the right attitude, which is loving football, competing every day in practice and thinking about taking somebody's job. To be honest, there were some guys here who I would not have recruited."

I like having a coach that doesn't BS or sugarcoat things.

That is wonderful.  But it's much better if they win.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

What ever happened to max lang? He was a high recruit who hasn't started one game yet.

I know someone that played against him in high school and said he was soft.  I thought he might develop into a decent OLine guy under Holtz, but I have a hard time believing he can ever become what CWT is looking for.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

I love the guy even more after reading that. 

As a fan, I can't sit there and watch coach T talk about poor attitudes on the field, and sit here and have a poor attitude myself. 

I hate losing, but I hate having a pushover program even more. USF right now is like a biggest loser competitor, and the process sucks, and it's hard to see improvement every day, but we have no choice but to buy in and watch the results come. 

Let the man work! And stick around for the ride. 

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I think we can all agree that we want a coach that wins. I do appreciate his candor in the article though. Just stay the course and I think we'll see some wins soon.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I think we can all agree that we want a coach that wins. I do appreciate his candor in the article though. Just stay the course and I think we'll see some wins soon.

Am I the only person on this board who has never listened to a postgame press conference or interview from a coach? I can count the number of times I've heard CWT or even CSH speak. I watched with passing interest when they had their introduction and thats about it. And I'm not saying that to be a d-bag, I just don't understand what is to be gained. Doesn't every coach say just about the same thing after a win and after a loss? Or try to instill some confidence going into the next season, etc.? Like when signing day rolls around, won't CWT tell us he's excited about the guys coming on board and that he got the guys he wanted? Its not like he's going to say, "...well, we got a ****** class, my bad" or "...you know, I like most of the guys we pulled, but a few of them are just filler. I had some scholarships available and I figured what the hell?"