• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

"We need that same blue-collar, tough kid that loves football and is a good player," Petersen once said. He looked for the toughness, and if he got the size and speed, great. Boise State didn't get the tough kid with size and speed. He signs with the Washingtons of the world, which will make Petersen's transition from have-not to have an interesting one to watch.

Here in lies the problem.  You can recruit players with finesse but how will they operate under pressure. I think Willie is building and finding those guys.  No more quitting because it gets a little hard. If it does not work I am going to applaud Coach T for trying.  Anything is better than Apathy.  I cannot stand the last two years of Holtz and his apathy.  I think Holtz cared about his players but winning did not seem like an issue to him.  Not saying he did not want to win but his attitude was not reflective of what is needed to win.   Coach T is mad and we are all mad is fans. Atleast we are on the same page. We did not compete hard. No handing out smiley faces.  Let it hurt. Dig deep Bulls.  No where to go but up.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

"We need that same blue-collar, tough kid that loves football and is a good player," Petersen once said. He looked for the toughness, and if he got the size and speed, great. Boise State didn't get the tough kid with size and speed. He signs with the Washingtons of the world, which will make Petersen's transition from have-not to have an interesting one to watch.

Here in lies the problem.  You can recruit players with finesse but how will they operate under pressure. I think Willie is building and finding those guys.  No more quitting because it gets a little hard. If it does not work I am going to applaud Coach T for trying.  Anything is better than Apathy.  I cannot stand the last two years of Holtz and his apathy.  I think Holtz cared about his players but winning did not seem like an issue to him.  Not saying he did not want to win but his attitude was not reflective of what is needed to win.   Coach T is mad and we are all mad is fans. Atleast we are on the same page. We did not compete hard. No handing out smiley faces.  Let it hurt. Dig deep Bulls.  No where to go but up.  

Well stated!! This deserves a bump, so I will add this reply. I have a great feeling that CWT will turn it around in the next few seasons. He is sticking with what got him to USF. Not going to change who he is and I respect that. If it does not work out, well at least he tried and never gave up. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

Rutgers fired 3 coaches and they are 6-6.....

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Personally, I saw Holtz in a lot more pain after a loss than I've seen Taggart this season.  For all the whining fans did while he was here about what he was saying, fans weren't looking into his eyes.  Holtz never accepted losing, something I can't say about CWT this season.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

The guy is building a program and it will take time.  Having so many freshman playing this season will help, developing these kids in the weight room and with the playbook will help and getting some more of his first real recruiting class in the program will help.

It was painfully obvious the lack of talent and experience we had this season.  This staff will correct things and being a USF fan won't be so hard.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

patience will pay dividends to those sticking around. 

Look at Malzhan at Auburn, Cutcliffe (duke), Jerry Kill (minnesota), Strong (UL). Their programs are bowling, respected, generating buzz. Hell, look at Taggart at WKU. 

Doesn't matter if its football or anything else in life. Picking up, brushing off the dirt, and getting to work is what needs to be done and it doesn't happen over night. 

EDIT: after further research, malzahn turned auburn around immediately. this however, is clearly the exception rather than the rule. 

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I thought this was about blueprints for an OCS. :/

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Mjadams,

Flood's job is on the line and that's why he fired the assistants.

Edited by South_Florida_Flip

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Good post, but all is "yet to be seen" until we actually see it. So far there's only been potential but the product is so inconsistent I can't say whether it's going to come together--only hope.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Rutgers fired 3 coaches and they are 6-6.....

Yeah, we cleaned house from the coaches that put us into this nose dive.  This team had a very low ceiling as the previous coaching staff left the team in a horrendous state.

This comparison doesn't translate.