• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,701
  • Days Won:  2

Keep making excuses for this staff.....I won't

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Umm.. I hope you know that the coaches took ownership in this losing season. They are vowing to make this program better long term. Please tell us you understand that this was a transition year. Fixing this program does not happen overnight. The season is over. Now we will see more improvement next season.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

coach t will not turn it around unless he gets a real qb or two

or bench or white improve 500%

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

"We need that same blue-collar, tough kid that loves football and is a good player," Petersen once said. He looked for the toughness, and if he got the size and speed, great. Boise State didn't get the tough kid with size and speed. He signs with the Washingtons of the world, which will make Petersen's transition from have-not to have an interesting one to watch.

Here in lies the problem.  You can recruit players with finesse but how will they operate under pressure. I think Willie is building and finding those guys.  No more quitting because it gets a little hard. If it does not work I am going to applaud Coach T for trying.  Anything is better than Apathy.  I cannot stand the last two years of Holtz and his apathy.  I think Holtz cared about his players but winning did not seem like an issue to him.  Not saying he did not want to win but his attitude was not reflective of what is needed to win.   Coach T is mad and we are all mad is fans. Atleast we are on the same page. We did not compete hard. No handing out smiley faces.  Let it hurt. Dig deep Bulls.  No where to go but up.  

there are many blueprints

peterson is being a bit disingenous 

many of his players were great talents and great football players

Umm.. I hope you know that the coaches took ownership in this losing season. They are vowing to make this program better long term. Please tell us you understand that this was a transition year. Fixing this program does not happen overnight. The season is over. Now we will see more improvement next season.
daly....love the attitude you have towards the bulls. That was an awful nice gesture of the coaches to take ownership. Edited by mjadams

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

"We need that same blue-collar, tough kid that loves football and is a good player," Petersen once said. He looked for the toughness, and if he got the size and speed, great. Boise State didn't get the tough kid with size and speed. He signs with the Washingtons of the world, which will make Petersen's transition from have-not to have an interesting one to watch.

Here in lies the problem.  You can recruit players with finesse but how will they operate under pressure. I think Willie is building and finding those guys.  No more quitting because it gets a little hard. If it does not work I am going to applaud Coach T for trying.  Anything is better than Apathy.  I cannot stand the last two years of Holtz and his apathy.  I think Holtz cared about his players but winning did not seem like an issue to him.  Not saying he did not want to win but his attitude was not reflective of what is needed to win.   Coach T is mad and we are all mad is fans. Atleast we are on the same page. We did not compete hard. No handing out smiley faces.  Let it hurt. Dig deep Bulls.  No where to go but up.  

there are many blueprints

peterson is being a bit disingenous 

many of his players were great talents and great football players

To get ahead in this business you have to be a great talent evaluator. We dont get the best players in the country because we are no on that level. That means we must seek unde the radar blue collar lunch pail kids who will play beyond their means.  Jim Leavitt did it. I believe Coach Willie Can do it.  Skippy and his staff got the occasionaly good player but we really lacked depth.  So my comparison is that if we want to do well like a Boise we must be great evaluators and developers of unforseen talent. That is all.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

I thought this was about blueprints for an OCS. :/

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574

Me neither

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Not sure what you expected coming into this season.  I thought we'd be about 6-6 and thought that was about the ceiling for this year.

Sure the staff underachieved, but when we realistically were only better than 3-4 teams on the schedule what do you expect to happen?

The attitude that we should have somehow competed this year is baffling to me.  I think it's on Taggart to make this team competitive next year.  I'm OK with people starting to get on him if the ship doesn't start pointing in the right direction.  The team needs to have 6 wins and remain competitive in pretty much every game with the exception of Wisconsin.

I think it's just early to get on his case, but do what ever you want, if it makes you feel better.  Taggart isn't going anywhere for years, whether he's the answer or not.  Get comfortable being uncomfortable or rally around him.  Your choice.

I don't really want CWT fired. I actually like him as a person. I want a better OC. If CWT is in charge of the offense now, he needs to give that up.