• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Do You See In MIke White

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

People act like he is not going to get better. No freshmen is going to come in and learn this offense to beat our Mike White next year. No QB has done nearly as well as Mike has done. He is one of the main reasons we have been competitive the past 5 weeks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

People act like he is not going to get better. No freshmen is going to come in and learn this offense to beat our Mike White next year. No QB has done nearly as well as Mike has done. He is one of the main reasons we have been competitive the past 5 weeks

I haven't seen anyone saying he isn't going to get better. Of course he will...

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I believe he has a lot of tools to be successful. I'm not ready to grant him the "QB of the future" title yet. I really hope we get a solid couple of recruits/transfers to come in to compete.

But, from what  I see, he has a lot of great tools. He has a pretty strong arm, and is fairly accurate. He stands tall in the pocket, and handles pressure fairly well.

His glaring struggle is the fact that he seems to lock on receivers, and I haven't noticed a time where he has run through his progressions. He threw the ball into tight single and double coverage quit a bit friday night, and as he matures and learns the game better, I believe he'll be able to observe the field more. But when he did, he usually delivered a bullet and rarely missed his target, until his last throw.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

If he can get touch on the long ball he will be very dangerous.

Only a freshnman he will progress if our coaches are any good.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I see a rookie/freshman QB working thru his growing pains, just as the Buccaneers are doing with Glennon.  He is essentially the 4th option at QB we threw out there this season and will a full spring workout under his belt I feel he willbe a solid QB for the Bulls.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

If he can get touch on the long ball he will be very dangerous.

Only a freshnman he will progress if our coaches are any good.

Screw touch. His problem is accuracy.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

My opinion is he will improve with time in the system. From what we have seen so far his success, and that of the team, will be dependent on the supporting cast that Willie can bring in. Where BJ and Grothe were capable of taking the team on their shoulders and winning by being play makers by themselves, I don't see that quality in White yet. If we can bring in and develop a couple of good receivers and a good running back White can excel. I see him being only as good as the talent around him.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  124

Like dogma wrote, white didn't get any meaningful reps with the 1s/2s till October. Give the kid full spring camp and a decent o line, then you will see a much improved player next year. Let me put it this way, if okorn of Houston played in this offense, does anyone think he would've done better?

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636

I'm still on board with this system.

Mike White game improved as the running game got better. If we get good production from the running game, I believe Mike White will excel.... 

He is making rookie mistakes and is not clutch.. yet...  I believe 5 or 6 of his INTs came in the 4th quarters of game...

Once he becomes comfortable with the systems while reading defenses and making adjustments, he can do great things for USF. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I see a talented young man, with the right support and coaching, can be as good as he wants to be