• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart just blew any chance USF had to win.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Anybody that says that decision cost us the game ... First, Kloss has missed before. Second, White fumbled the snap, that was not part of the play call. Third, if we get three points there, things afterward may not turn out as they did.

This whole thread is just another BS second guess of a coaching decision that failed because of a lack of execution, not because it was the wrong call.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

This gets my vote for stupid post of the day.

Because you think a coach that can't correct stupi mistakes in a season isn't awful? Or because you think this team isn't awful? Either seem like common sense... But I realize that will be rare commodity I'm our eroding fan base
You're allegedly a smart guy. Read the thread title and time it was posted again, and think about what I said and what kind of response you'd like to make.

Agreed again. It's not about Taggart's body of work. Or overall in game decisions.

He made the right call there. You make that call because the D was great to that point and every kickoff was being returned to the 40.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Because you think a coach that can't correct stupi mistakes in a season isn't awful? Or because you think this team isn't awful? Either seem like common sense... But I realize that will be rare commodity I'm our eroding fan base
You're allegedly a smart guy. Read the thread title and time it was posted again, and think about what I said and what kind of response you'd like to make.

Agreed again. It's not about Taggart's body of work. Or overall in game decisions.

He made the right call there. You make that call because the D was great to that point and every kickoff was being returned to the 40.

I didn't even think of that point, and that is a great thought. The return game for UCF killed us tonight.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Wanted to chime in here since we discussed it in the chatroom as it was happening. Yes we don't get in the red zone often but you have to realize what your team is and the risk you are taking.

The call was not good at that time in the game. You were up, your D is playing well, and you were just stuffed with a 3rd and 1. You kick the ball get your 3 points USF 9 UCF 3 with less than 5 minutes on the clock; maybe even into the half since they have to drive the field afterward.

If you get the first down great! but you could also just end up kicking a closer FG who knows. If you, o lets say, fumble the ball from the center you lose momentum and give UCF decent field position. Assess the risk...that's your job as HC. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Incredibly, I'm siding with Grouper here...do you really think that was the right call?!?
You too, see post above ...

Disagree. With our offense, you take the points every time. It was a 28 yard FG or so; Kloss would be money. Nothing will make me change my mind here...bad call, period. I said it before the TO, after the TO, after White fumbled the snap, and now that we've list by three.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I think the Almighty wants the board to be busy this off season with a 3 point loss.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

Pissed. No excuses. Usf just got shut up as an entire program. What's your plan doug?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

Pissed. No excuses. Usf just got shut up as an entire program. What's your plan doug?

:facepalm:

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

You can't lose a game in the second quarter

cwt actually impressed me tonight. I liked the running game to set up the pass

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I was definitely not impressed with Coach Taggart. The play calling needs to come in from the booth where they can assess the situation clearly and the play can be relayed to Mike White in a timely manner. Second... we got the ball with under a 1:15 left in the second quarter and 75 yards to go; we should have run the ball. Our body work at the present time did not indicate we could move the ball adequately enough through the air. The play calling allowed UCF's offense - which is clearly better than ours, ample opportunity to move the ball quickly into our territory. Fortunately we had two bad plays from Bortles or they would have scored a TD instead of settling for three points.