• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Old Big East!?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,626
  • Days Won:  424

I think that Memphis would not have been invited if it wasn't for the BB team.

FedEx

And?

$$$

They are going to buy a TV audience? Or pay people not to chuckle when they call the football team 'tigers'?  I fail to see how that got them into the AAC. Bribes? That's like saying EA Sports got UCF into the AAC.

If those type things really bother you, you should be targeting Tulane first ....

Tulane is a tier 1 university. And an AAU member.

Good one ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

FedEx

And?

$$$

They are going to buy a TV audience? Or pay people not to chuckle when they call the football team 'tigers'?  I fail to see how that got them into the AAC. Bribes? That's like saying EA Sports got UCF into the AAC.

If those type things really bother you, you should be targeting Tulane first ....

Good one ...

And used to be in the SEC... HA! How smart can those idiots be?

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Rutgers is an AAU school, tier 1 university and has part of the NYC and NJ TV market.

Define "part." :D I think the B1G is banking on Rutgers' future midwest competition bringing more eyeballs to Rutgers football, but that's a big gamble in my opinion.

Came out in 2011.

fivethirtyeight-0919-geocolfootball-NYCT

What's the source for that table? Based on activity at the alumni bars, I don't think that the chart is accurate. UF has a very large following in NYC. From what I hear, Alabama draws a ton of fans, as well.

So what if its not accurate? I posted it because I said Rutgers fans were a 'part' of the college fanbase in NYC. Someone asked what that meant.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

FedEx

And?

$$$

Good one ...

This happened almost 50 years ago. Are you saying they weren't smart enough to invent a time machine back then? They were smart enough back then  to consider a true Ivy league of the South with schools like Vandy. They had the academic prestige to actually do that vs claiming it out of the air.  Don't think USF would have gotten an invite. There were also things going on at SEC schools other schools didn't like.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Rutgers is an AAU school, tier 1 university and has part of the NYC and NJ TV market.

Define "part." :D I think the B1G is banking on Rutgers' future midwest competition bringing more eyeballs to Rutgers football, but that's a big gamble in my opinion.

Came out in 2011.

What's the source for that table? Based on activity at the alumni bars, I don't think that the chart is accurate. UF has a very large following in NYC. From what I hear, Alabama draws a ton of fans, as well.

So what if its not accurate? I posted it because I said Rutgers fans were a 'part' of the college fanbase in NYC. Someone asked what that meant.

Because that chart could've been created and used by Rutgers for admittance to the B10. I come across many more UConn fans than Rutgers fans. I refuse to believe that Rutgers has a significant share of the NYC market.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

FedEx

And?

$$$

Good one ...

This happened almost 50 years ago. Are you saying they weren't smart enough to invent a time machine back then? They were smart enough back then  to consider a true Ivy league of the South with schools like Vandy. They had the academic prestige to actually do that vs claiming it out of the air.  Don't think USF would have gotten an invite. There were also things going on at SEC schools other schools didn't like.

Why are you so literal all the time. Man your life must be boring. How'd that Ivy League of the south turn out anyway?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Define "part." :D I think the B1G is banking on Rutgers' future midwest competition bringing more eyeballs to Rutgers football, but that's a big gamble in my opinion.

Came out in 2011.

Because that chart could've been created and used by Rutgers for admittance to the B10. I come across many more UConn fans than Rutgers fans. I refuse to believe that Rutgers has a significant share of the NYC market.

Don't forget a significant portion of the "NYC market" lives on the west side of the Hudson river...

• 9 months later...

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

Louisville is going to stand strong in the ACC

Will Rutgers should the same level of clout in the B1G?

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

Time changes all Bear, try being positive it is easier than being negative.  Programs have ups and downs.