• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bivins transferring?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

@TBTimes_Bulls: Coach Taggart said CB Chris Bivins was suspended earlier in year, had to do some things to be reinstated, chose to transfer. #USF

That's a bull **** move by CWT. Chris wanted to take the year to redshirt and fully rehab the knee and the coaches wanted him to play this season. When he opted to red shirt then all of the sudden he was conveniently suspended.

The knee is now fine... some team is about to get a hell of a talent at CB and for the first time since he was hired I'm embarrassed to be a supporter of this program (We donate for now... but this is leaving a nasty taste in my mouth)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

@TBTimes_Bulls: Coach Taggart said CB Chris Bivins was suspended earlier in year, had to do some things to be reinstated, chose to transfer. #USF

That's a bull **** move by CWT. Chris wanted to take the year to redshirt and fully rehab the knee and the coaches wanted him to play this season. When he opted to red shirt then all of the sudden he was conveniently suspended.

The knee is now fine... some team is about to get a hell of a talent at CB and for the first time since he was hired I'm embarrassed to be a supporter of this program (We donate for now... but this is leaving a nasty taste in my mouth)

Don't know how much what CT did was a BS move. Never even heard of a kid making a RS decision on his own. I know you like the kid Southie, but you may be a little too close to see the forest here.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If he was 100% cleared by the medical staff, then why would playing be a problem? He sounded excited to be competing for a starting role in an article I read before the season started. I wonder what changed his mind?

@gregauman: USF CB Chris Bivins isn't just healthy enough to play, wants to compete for starting job http://t.co/jK2NdLDsEC

"Of course, I want to start this coming fall. I'm trying to compete every day, stay injury-free," said Bivins, who had a single tackle in four games last year before his injury. "I just want to be part of the team and contribute any way I can."

"I feel real good physically. My knee's holding up really well," he said. "Coming out to practice, trying to get back into practice shape, that took a little while, but I'm back in it, ready to practice and compete for a job."

Edited by Hem

There were some setbacks in fall camp and the red shirt had previously been offered then all of the sudden it was taken off the table. He wasn't comfortable with the stability after the first few practices and having possibly come back too soon the first time, didn't want to push it. 

• Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

What was he suspended for?

Don't know how much what CT did was a BS move. Never even heard of a kid making a RS decision on his own. I know you like the kid Southie, but you may be a little too close to see the forest here.

I do like the kid... but I also know the kid and CWT's quote not only doesn't give the whole story... it puts Chris in a bad light instead of just walking away. Chris didn't do anything but try to protect himself from a possible additional injury. He's not out there bad mouthing the program either. He didn't agree with the staff's vision for him playing so he quietly left the team... a decision that was supported by his fellow players.

Not wanting to push the knee and play after there were some setbacks in fall practice. Basically insubordination.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

There were some setbacks in fall camp and the red shirt had previously been offered then all of the sudden it was taken off the table. He wasn't comfortable with the stability after the first few practices and having possibly come back too soon the first time, didn't want to push it. 

Makes sense from his point of view. He's looking out for number one and doesn't want to get hurt again because if it happens again, he's most likely done playing the sport of football. And I am with you South, I think the kid is great and has amazing untapped potential that we never even got to see unless you watched his HS footage.

But again, if he was 100% cleared medically by the training staff...he should be out there competing. I know he was worried, but he's not a doctor nor is he a physical therapist. If he felt that bad and was unsure....take a dive in practice.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

was it before or after the supposed IM flag football?

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Not wanting to push the knee and play after there were some setbacks in fall practice. Basically insubordination.

Is that what Chris told you, or did you get a good look at the medicals and physical evaluations which would have supported Chris not feeling ready to play?  Because what you're saying puts coaching staff in a bad light, saying they were trying to force Chris to play when he was injured ....