• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bivins transferring?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I suppose since he didn't transfer yet (as far as we know), he'll have to sit out a year (unless he drops down or gets a waiver).

No one knows where he's going?  Surely someone wants to start the La Tech rumor (kidding!).

I'd hope our coaches wouldn't put a player on the field with an injury that affects performance & risks long term damage (see Giddens, last year).

I know where his options are... 2-3 decent P5 programs (yes he'll have to sit a year) or 1-2 D1AA schools. He hasn't made a decision yet. La Tech is not on the list.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yeah... ACL injuries are crazy things.... I actually tore mine in marching band during half time show in high school... just turned and planted the wrong way.

I just thought those fields were pretty decent.

Yeah, I tore my first one years back playing IM football. Came out of a cut on corner route had to jump for a ball and it just went.

Well yeah, but I can't really see how playing 45 minutes of IM once a week is more dangerous than hours of hardcore football practice each week. But, whatever.

If his knee is bad enough for him to want to take a redshirt any football is extremely risky, especially on lower quality field.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Southshore26, on 21 Nov 2013 - 1:32 PM, said:snapback.png

There were some setbacks in fall camp and the red shirt had previously been offered then all of the sudden it was taken off the table. He wasn't comfortable with the stability after the first few practices and having possibly come back too soon the first time, didn't want to push it. 

Makes sense from his point of view. He's looking out for number one and doesn't want to get hurt again because if it happens again, he's most likely done playing the sport of football. And I am with you South, I think the kid is great and has amazing untapped potential that we never even got to see unless you watched his HS footage.

But again, if he was 100% cleared medically by the training staff...he should be out there competing. I know he was worried, but he's not a doctor nor is he a physical therapist. If he felt that bad and was unsure....take a dive in practice.

as of August 11th, just 20 days before our first game he was looking to compete for a starting roll in the article I mentioned. In the next 19 days something had happened to make him so unsure? After all that practice?

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/cornerback-bivins-eager-for-healthy-return/2135958

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  39
  • Days Won:  0

It is mentioned elsewhere in the thread but one of the hardest parts of the recovery is trusting the knee again at full speed.  CB may have had some mental doubts on its stability and the medical staff told the coaches structurally it was ok to play.  Coaching wanted CB to push through a mental block, and CB may not have accepted that it could be just that.

I certainly do not say the above to cast CB in a bad light but rather to illustrate a potential situation that could have played out.  Regardless that is the past and for the future I hope nothing but the best for CB as I thought he had a ton of talent as well.  Also if the above was correct I would not think any less of him as many athletes struggle with that side of the injury.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

I would bet the IM fields are nicer than RayJ's field

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Yeah... ACL injuries are crazy things.... I actually tore mine in marching band during half time show in high school... just turned and planted the wrong way.

I just thought those fields were pretty decent.

Once, at Band Camp......

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

He's barely played football in two years. I'd be surprised if he's willing to sit out another year to play two years at a I-A program. More likely to go I-AA, where he can play immediately and have three years there.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

He's barely played football in two years. I'd be surprised if he's willing to sit out another year to play two years at a I-A program. More likely to go I-AA, where he can play immediately and have three years there.

Who's the new guy?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Seeing GA's comments here just put me in a better mood...miss that guy

• Upvote 2