• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bivins transferring?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

But now the kid is running around on those crappy IM fields? Something isn't right here....

IM is a wee bit slower than speed than D1.... also, all that happened well after he left the program.

Playing on fields in that poor of condition with a knee he's obviously concerned about just makes no sense. With an ACL he's supposed to be uncomfortable on playing on those fields is risky no matter the speed. The fact that he decided to do that a couple months removed from wanting to redshirt to sure his knee up is pretty **** unwise.

I cannot possibly fathom that playing IM could be anywhere near as likely to cause injury as DI football.

I assume we are talking about flag football, right?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

ACL injuries are usually non contact and cut and plant injuries. Playing football on a field in bad condition on a knee you want to take a year off to rehab because you're having stability issues with is a recipe for disaster.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Just so I'm clear, he wasn't medically cleared to play but the coaches wanted to push him on the field and he refused ... and you said he was playing IM well after leaving the program. How long as he been off the team??

No... it wasn't that cut and dry. They wanted him to play and he wanted to dial it back a notch. As far as I'm aware he was cleared before fall camp... had the setback during camp and instead of playing thru it wanted to back it down a notch and take it slower. The coaches didn't agree with that and it ended with him leaving the program very early in the season... IIRC before the first game. I think he was still cleared at the time... there were just some concerns on his part. Knee injuries can do that to your thought process... especially if you've comeback too quickly the first time. 

ACL injuries are usually non contact and cut and plant injuries. Playing football on a field in bad condition on a knee you want to take a year off to rehab because you're having stability issues with is a recipe for disaster.

I'm interested to know where these crappy fields are... the fields at USF over by magnolia and off of Fowler seem quite nice when I've seen them.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

But now the kid is running around on those crappy IM fields? Something isn't right here....

IM is a wee bit slower than speed than D1.... also, all that happened well after he left the program.

Playing on fields in that poor of condition with a knee he's obviously concerned about just makes no sense. With an ACL he's supposed to be uncomfortable on playing on those fields is risky no matter the speed. The fact that he decided to do that a couple months removed from wanting to redshirt to sure his knee up is pretty **** unwise.

I cannot possibly fathom that playing IM could be anywhere near as likely to cause injury as DI football.

I assume we are talking about flag football, right?

an ACL? easily.

the second time was during non-contact action at practice.

Yeah... ACL injuries are crazy things.... I actually tore mine in marching band during half time show in high school... just turned and planted the wrong way.

I just thought those fields were pretty decent.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yeah... ACL injuries are crazy things.... I actually tore mine in marching band during half time show in high school... just turned and planted the wrong way.

Yeah, I tore my first one years back playing IM football. Came out of a cut on corner route had to jump for a ball and it just went.

Yeah, I tore my first one years back playing IM football. Came out of a cut on corner route had to jump for a ball and it just went.

Well yeah, but I can't really see how playing 45 minutes of IM once a week is more dangerous than hours of hardcore football practice each week.   But, whatever.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I suppose since he didn't transfer yet (as far as we know), he'll have to sit out a year (unless he drops down or gets a waiver).

No one knows where he's going?  Surely someone wants to start the La Tech rumor (kidding!).

I'd hope our coaches wouldn't put a player on the field with an injury that affects performance & risks long term damage (see Giddens, last year).

I suppose since he didn't transfer yet (as far as we know), he'll have to sit out a year (unless he drops down or gets a waiver).

No one knows where he's going?  Surely someone wants to start the La Tech rumor (kidding!).

I'd hope our coaches wouldn't put a player on the field with an injury that affects performance & risks long term damage (see Giddens, last year).

Well, if everything we've heard is true is seems like our coaches wanted him to suck it up and play.  Whether that is a good or bad thing is up to individual interpretation.

I'm quite sure that La Tech would jump all over a Bivins transfer, if he were so inclined.