• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This new Joey Knight guy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,011
  • Days Won:  2

I think Joey Knight has done a great job.

You guys get worked up too easily.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Dunno what you're talkin about. Between my phone, home computer, and work computer, I haven't been turned away from reading one of the blog posts yet.

So do you think I am making it up? I of the Times over reached in starting to charge for online content, especially for paper subscribers. I have regularly run into page view limits since they made their change...and btw I check the Times from home, work and multiple mobile devices.

In regards to his UCF article.....you can't blame ppl for being surprised b/c we never saw this with Auman.

As a Times subscriber, even though there are free ways to get to his blog, I do agree that I think subscribers should have access ... although I also understand the financial times publications are going through.

And I'd assume the main reason GA never did an article like that is because UCF was never in a conference with USF while he was covering ...

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

Between Joey and Jeff, I'm perfectly happy with the coverage. Just click the link on Twitter to avoid the article limit. 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

It's definitely less content. But GA was a tough act to follow...he was uber-productive and we were certainly spoiled. I think JK is doing fine right now, especially if you follow him on Twitter.

Incidentally, there's been so few blog posts that like Faza I haven't had an issue not being able to view them. I just switch to another device if my views are exceeded on another, and it works fine. If there was over a post a day on average like with Greg, that strategy wouldn't work. But there's always your browser's private mode as a workaround...

I think my problem is that I use Chrome and keeps me logged in on any internet device I use throughout the day. Plus I also check regular news daily which eats up my site views as well. It's funny b/c despite getting a paper version of the Times of years I still read most of my news online. All I'm saying is that they need to re-think their approach.

Chrome is likely the cause, true. Try the private option when using it.

I will say Joey is writes a lot LESS than Greg did.

Game day all he does is a video... Greg would do three or four blog posts.

During the week, Joey seems to do two or three posts... Greg had one per day.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I will say Joey is writes a lot LESS than Greg did.

Game day all he does is a video... Greg would do three or four blog posts.

During the week, Joey seems to do two or three posts... Greg had one per day.

FWIW, looked like he was pretty active on Twitter for both hoops games this week ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I have limited time online outside of trying to keep this site going...so I wasn't all that attracted to Greg's blog, but did register there since it seemed he had folks that found value in mocking me.  When he switched comment systems, I took Bulliever back.  :)  Nonetheless, As a registered user I received this in the mail.

As a registered user of tampabay.com, we are very interested in your feedback and opinions about our website. Our confidential survey takes about 10 minutes to complete and will help us make tampabay.com even better. At the end of the survey you’ll be offered a chance to win your choice of an Apple iPad or $500 cash.

We would appreciate getting your feedback

We would like to thank you in advance
for your support and input.

I would hope some of you guys that still reminisce about the pre-charging days got an opportunity to complete a survey.

The survey is likely driven by the results of their past decisions. 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah he looks very active on twitter but the blog has gone way down hill. Even when I do stop by to see if anything of substance is up, there usually isn't. On the other hand TBO seems to have stepped up their blog. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

I think Joey Knight has done a great job.

You guys get worked up too easily.

We are a sensitive bunch.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629
  • Days Won:  0

It's definitely less content. But GA was a tough act to follow...he was uber-productive and we were certainly spoiled. I think JK is doing fine right now, especially if you follow him on Twitter.

Incidentally, there's been so few blog posts that like Faza I haven't had an issue not being able to view them. I just switch to another device if my views are exceeded on another, and it works fine. If there was over a post a day on average like with Greg, that strategy wouldn't work. But there's always your browser's private mode as a workaround...

I think my problem is that I use Chrome and keeps me logged in on any internet device I use throughout the day. Plus I also check regular news daily which eats up my site views as well. It's funny b/c despite getting a paper version of the Times of years I still read most of my news online. All I'm saying is that they need to re-think their approach.

Chrome is likely the cause, true. Try the private option when using it.

Yep incognito browsing will solve your issues....