• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White in the game, loses redshirt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

White is gone in 3 years anyway, after winning national championships in 2014 and 2015 he will go pro. So, his redshirt is a nonfactor right now.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

It matters not....

Q. Flowers will be given every chance to start next year...

Eveld, Bench & Floyd re all Gone!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386

I'm going out on a limb and saying that we will get an offensive TD next game... White is our best well rounded QB.

You could tell that from the 3 handoffs he did today? 

Our issues go way beyond QB play. The offensive line is not very good, our best RB is hurt,and our receivers have hands of stone. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Unless Bench transfers again he'll be here...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

We don't know that White is the best, but we'll find out soon. I was initially upset when I saw him go in, for reasons noted earlier.

But I can see the thinking behind not quitting on the season, and maybe as important: seeing if White IS our best option, and performs well in realtime situations.

His first test is a short week, on the road, against a 6-1 Houston team (soon to be Top 25) that just CRUSHED Rutgers, 49-14. Houston starts a true freshman (Korn) who is blossoming. Admittedly, he's in a much better situation. This will be a tough start, but I'm sure White is ready to get in & spark this O.

The earlier post challenging the WRs & TEs to step up their games is spot on. We need to give White some time, some targets and some reliable hands.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,629

It matters not....

Q. Flowers will be given every chance to start next year...

Eveld, Bench & Floyd re all Gone!

Bench will still be here. He'll probably be the #2  if Mike White is good or Flowers is really good. 

I'm going out on a limb and saying that we will get an offensive TD next game... White is our best well rounded QB.

Our issues go way beyond QB play. The offensive line is not very good, our best RB is hurt,and our receivers have hands of stone. 

To be fair he threw the ball 2 times and handed it off once

Edited by NinjaPenguin777

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

I'm trying to stay positive...

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  498

At this pace will it really matter to have White in the 2017 season if the football team is disbanded?  I am sure CWT played him because he has seen more than enough to know that burning the red shirt is the best option for both White and the team for not only the remainder of this season but the future.  If White does show promise then at the very least fans have something to look forward too and this may help in recruiting.  When skippy played Eveld in Miami it was about trying to save his job, CWT has no need to worry about that at this time.  Plus how many more games can we have where the poor defense is forced to be on the field for 42 minutes?  If White develops we will get QB recruits to follow him.

Lastly, CWT is showing that he will stand by his words and put players on the field that will help the team win.  He wants playmakers.  I am just surprised it took so long, White should have been in this game after the second "drive" where thankfully penalties gave us our only points.

Edited by mw98gt

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

Just wish CWT would have done it at the beginning of the game

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  40

so we wait till we have 5 losses to get him in, This season is lost.

Maybe he wasn't ready yet.  I am all for this move.  Get him some experience for next year and maybe we don't have to go through this again.