• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Won't take a miracle to beat Louisville. Just a decent game by the offense (like vs.Cincy), and the defense to play up to it's potential. The Louisville Cardinals are no world beaters. Far from it.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

It's not that surprising of a statistic. I think we tend to imagine that USF 'was' better than the numbers show. 

We almost made it back in '03 with wins against Army & Louisville...followed by a three point loss to TCU.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

USF has never gone 3-0 in conference play. That's just plain bad with all the talent that's gone through the program. Let's hope by some miracle Taggart can do it.

http://www.gousfbulls.com//ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=209289515

I don't believe you.  Surely the Greatest Coach in the History of the World took USF to a 3-0 start in conference play at some point, right?

hahaha

funny

now we have bcs talent and we are losing to fau and mccheese state

dont know what is worse our failures in the past or our failures this year

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

USF has never gone 3-0 in conference play. That's just plain bad with all the talent that's gone through the program. Let's hope by some miracle Taggart can do it.

http://www.gousfbulls.com//ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=2981&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=209289515

your statement is true

we should have done better with talent we had but i was always amazed at the talent that  got away

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

The disparity between Louisville and USF is pretty wide right now. My gut says the line at 21 is too low, however I don't believe the 'Ville is five TD's better than us. It was only six weeks ago that McCheeseburger State beat us by 30+ points. A similar beating lies around the corner, although I'm praying for a W. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

The disparity between Louisville and USF is pretty wide right now. My gut says the line at 21 is too low, however I don't believe the 'Ville is five TD's better than us. It was only six weeks ago that McCheeseburger State beat us by 30+ points. A similar beating lies around the corner, although I'm praying for a W. 

I'd say that's a fair assessment. We've lost by an average of 25 points so far this season. If 21 is too low and 35 is too high, maybe 28 is juuuuuuussst right. I think we all hope/pray/'anything is possible' for a W, but I just don't think L'ville is going to lose this one. If they can't have an undefeated season, they surely want no more conference losses. 

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Fire Jim Leavitt!  

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Funny funny funny - Some of you guys act like we have had football for 50 years.  We had a few stars and some very good defensive talent but the constant climb up the competition ladder made it tough.  We never had depth because as we all know not many kids grew up wanting to be South Florida Bulls.

And yes - Jim Leavitt was an outstanding coach and recruiter.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

It's not that surprising of a statistic. I think we tend to imagine that USF 'was' better than the numbers show. 

We almost made it back in '03 with wins against Army & Louisville...followed by a three point loss to TCU.

Lots of history being mentioned there. Army was our first ever Conference win, in any conference.

Louisville was our first ever win over a top 10 team (Louisville was #9) ... that was the Amari Jackson game.

TCU was the end of our long home winning streak. It was also the game where we played Brian Fisher (a WR) at QB for most (maybe all) of the game, where every play was basically Fisher running around and trying to create something.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  95
  • Days Won:  0

If the title is "wow"? You are drunk, or not a USF fan. Or both.

I hope both.

You must be drunk too if you had to edit this brilliant and thought provoking post.

USF alumni. Don't drink. And totally shocked by this fact. How about the next time I read something about USF athletics that seems totally outrageous I consult you for a title? That way you can write how you came up with and approved the title and don't have to write, and edit, an insult.  Oh, and you misspelled rube.

I'm totally shocked you graduated. 

• Upvote 1