• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Days Won:  12

Sick of the drops. On both sides of the ball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

THE WIN

WE ARENT GOOD

WE NEED IMPROVEMENT AT EVERY POSTION AND  willie t has too stop calling the plays and get engaged in the game

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Another W.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

Good - BULLS WIN!

Bad - I don't think the defense came out ready to play

Ugly - Dropped balls.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Forgot an ugly. The designed play Eveld runs so well. Roll to sideline, throw it away. It seriously seems like that is the call for the play

I mean I did it's a low risk play to lead to our punting team, but maybe we can try something that can actually gain yards?

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Good: FG Kicker

Bad: Run D in first half

Ugly: QB play; WR hands and route running

What are the coaches gonna do about a QB? I hate to write this but it is difficult to believe Eveld is a QB on a FBS football team with a scholarship. And when are the WRs gonna get a little belly fire and show some in game character. Thankfully the UCONN WR & TE were just as bad.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

The Good - Defense was able to get key stops, adjustment to put game in hands of QB proved the right move. Frosh showed that they can play and are getting experience. Kloss is once again the teams scorer.

The Bad - Offensive passing game still looks like pee - wee league, receivers not getting open. First half run defense (especially first quarter) was bad.

The Ugly - In a recurring theme, QB play was poor. Better protection today but Eveld panicked frequently and scrambled when he didn't need to. Decisions on fielding punts or letting them go continues to need work.

The offense today showed that it can work if the QB can complete passes. USF's two offensive drives at the end of the first and second halves had the UCONN defense back on its heels reacting instead of attacking. It is interesting that 75% of Evelds completed passes were on those drives (first half 3 of 9, second half 3 of 4). The first scoring drive also had a pass completion. 

Those were pretty much my choices as well. Since I tracked each play, I went back and found 7 more completions that Eveld would have had had the WRs caught the ball or completions not been nullified due to a penalty.  Not saying that Eveld is a top tier QB, but he could have easily been 50% completions and with 1 TD pass had Bravo-Brown not dropped that one in the end zone.  As already stated, when the Bulls needed to drive at the end of the second quarter and fourth quarter, Eveld came thru for the team.  Now, in between those drives, it was pretty ugly.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Good- 7 + minute drive, probably the longest of the season...We keep making plays(blocked fg, Defensive td)...Kloss

Bad- 3 and outs on offense...blown coverages on D

Ugly- inept offense