• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016
  • Days Won:  0

The Good - Defense was able to get key stops, adjustment to put game in hands of QB proved the right move. Frosh showed that they can play and are getting experience. Kloss is once again the teams scorer.

The Bad - Offensive passing game still looks like pee - wee league, receivers not getting open. First half run defense (especially first quarter) was bad.

The Ugly - In a recurring theme, QB play was poor. Better protection today but Eveld panicked frequently and scrambled when he didn't need to. Decisions on fielding punts or letting them go continues to need work.

The offense today showed that it can work if the QB can complete passes. USF's two offensive drives at the end of the first and second halves had the UCONN defense back on its heels reacting instead of attacking. It is interesting that 75% of Evelds completed passes were on those drives (first half 3 of 9, second half 3 of 4). The first scoring drive also had a pass completion. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Eveld is just plain bad. Offense just looks lost when Bench isn't out there. Hoping he can get healthy vs louisville and stay healthy all year. Bench is clearly our best chance to win at qb.

Our rbs ran solid today. Tice looked good, so did davis.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  565
  • Days Won:  0

The Good: I had chicken tenders for lunch while watching the game. They weren't bad

The Bad: The fries that came with the tenders were somewhat soggy, and it was not a ketchup-related, acceptable sogginess

The Ugly: The entire game; it was a 60-minute long Jerry Springer slap-fight.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Good: Defense after the first quarter.. Kloss is a machine, Running game is not bad, I agree Tice looks good. 

Bad: drops Bravo had a td

Ugly: passing game, we need bench back or might as well just start white the rest of the year depends on how long bench is out.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653

Kloss - I feel like I am watching the Lions when Jason Hanson scored most of the points.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

I wondered when we'd see Davis. He was the best RB in the spring game. That first down where he dragged 7 guys was awesome. I hope to see him get more carries this year. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Good: Defense after the first quarter.. Kloss is a machine, Running game is not bad, I agree Tice looks good. 

Bad: drops Bravo had a td

Ugly: passing game, we need bench back or might as well just start white the rest of the year depends on how long bench is out.

Seriously, i was wondering when he would replace Eveld during the game. How can you be a 5th year senior and still suck that bad? He got outplayed by a true freshman on the opposite side. Pathetic. We need Bench or White, I've seen all I ever want to again from Eveld and Floyd.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Good is special teams minus punt return. RB depth. Offensive line played better despite not being quite good.

Bad is the run defense. Improved over the game, still bad.

Ugly is passing game. Eveld luckily hopefully won't have to play again. Couldn't stand in the pocket when he had protection. You know how Brees, Manning etc are able to move away rushers you'd think they couldn't see? Eveld has a gift of running into defensive players that he should be able to see

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Kloss =GOAT

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030

Good---Tice,Kloss, derric Calloway getting pt

Bad-qb play, wr play

Ugly-qb play, wr play and our defense on that long touchdown run by mccombs