• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Louisville....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Seems to me they are overrated, and I'm not sure they are any better than maybe 2 or 3 teams in the AP top 25. I think they are where they are right now (#8) mainly based on the bowl win over Florida last year, and a fairly easy schedule so far this year. That bowl game was probably Florida's worst performance of the year for them. FWIW, I didn't think Lville was all that great last year either. Southern Miss & FIU played them very tough, they were spanked by Cuse, lost to UConn, and were lucky to get by Skip and the Bulls in one of our worst seasons ever. We get past UConn this week and have an extra week to prepare for Lville, I think that game will be far more competitive than people think.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Lets get by UConn first

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Wouldn't be the first time we faced a vastly overrated Louisville team.  Hopefully this time turns out like the other couple times we've taken them down a notch.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I really think we should keep the criticism of any team to a minimum right now. Last thing we need is for them to have locker room fodder.

• Upvote 4

True Apis, and I'm definitely not taking UConn for granted, but I'm guessing we will see continued improvement. But 2-0 in conference with Louisville at home makes that a big game. Hopefully the Cincy game was no fluke, and we can continue to play at or above that level.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  215
  • Content Count:  1,777
  • Days Won:  0

Although the team did not score an offensive touchdown. There are more elements of the offense starting to open up right now. The middle TE passes worked really well last week. It is just too bad there are no issues at QB and RB. Hopefully the Bulls will push through and get a win at UConn then improve, recruit an rest during the bye week in preparation for Louisville.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,704
  • Days Won:  424

Lets get by UConn first

And they have to get by the both Kanigits first ..

Clearly the oline & dlines that we saw against Cincy are not the same ones we saw getting pushed around by McNeese State. There is no doubt that this team is coming together. We still haven't seen the full potential of that dline. The oline is vastly improved. 2 good targets at tight end, good rb in Shaw, and at least 1 talented wr in Davis (whatever you may think of him). Being competitive in this conference this year is not out of the question just yet.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I hope we're competitive, but we have a long way to go to match up with the 'ville. We had a decent game vs MSU, then fell apart at FAU. We're still not consistent, so I can't be too optimistic for an upset yet. Improvement, yeah, I hope so, but a W is a little lofty right now with just one decent game of defense and keep-away offense. Get the next W first!