• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Louisville....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Nothing like a win to over inflate expectations around here!

This. UL may or may not be overrated, but they are much better than us right now. Nothing I have seen this year watching the games leads me to believe We can beat UL.

Nobody on this thread is predicting a win over Louisville with inflated expectations. The consensus appears to be just that it doesn't look quite as bleak as it did a couple of weeks ago ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

If we beat UCONN that is an excellent sign.  From my perspective, as long as our offense does not turn over the ball and can score 1-2 TD a game, I think our defense can keep us in the game with any team in the AAC, even Louisville.  Any team can have a bad game, theirs might be against us.  So anything can happen.  I am a little worried about Houston.  That freshman O'Korn that we lost out on has some nice numbers so far.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Bull and Triple B, you both pretty much summed it up perfectly in the last 2 posts. Nothing against the ville, I got a kick out of seeing them beat Florida last year, but they are in no way a top 10 team. They were top 20 last year when they sqeaked by us 27-25 on their field. We had all kinds of opportunities to win that one. Strong is a good recruiter. Not sold on him as a gameday coach.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

I agree with USFBulls727. It is good to see another positive poster on this board. I came back to this board because there was too much negatiivity going on and thought I should post some optimistic positive post to counter the negativity surrounding the program.  The bottom line is that Taggart is doing it his way and I have faith in it. Without Taggart's directionm, we dont be Cincy last week. Players are getting at it and it is starting to click. I highly doubt USF would lose to FAU or McNeese St right now. In a away, USF needed to get smacked down by them to wake us up. Wake all of us up that tons of work must be done to erase our downfall. We got humbled which can be a good thing. When this program started out, they worked hard and respected every opponent, We were the new kid on the block that had to fight and claw our way to #2. Went 5-6 during our 1st season with a tough battle against Georgia Southern. To be honest, it feels like we had to start over from the 97 year. We must be humble and positive about USF. GO BULLS!!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Seems to me they are overrated, and I'm not sure they are any better than maybe 2 or 3 teams in the AP top 25. I think they are where they are right now (#8) mainly based on the bowl win over Florida last year, and a fairly easy schedule so far this year. That bowl game was probably Florida's worst performance of the year for them. FWIW, I didn't think Lville was all that great last year either. Southern Miss & FIU played them very tough, they were spanked by Cuse, lost to UConn, and were lucky to get by Skip and the Bulls in one of our worst seasons ever. We get past UConn this week and have an extra week to prepare for Lville, I think that game will be far more competitive than people think.

they have  one of the best qbs and coaches in the game

they are not overrated

Bull and Triple B, you both pretty much summed it up perfectly in the last 2 posts. Nothing against the ville, I got a kick out of seeing them beat Florida last year, but they are in no way a top 10 team. They were top 20 last year when they sqeaked by us 27-25 on their field. We had all kinds of opportunities to win that one. Strong is a good recruiter. Not sold on him as a gameday coach.

they are a top 10 team

what more do you need to see?

i am hoping they dont beat usf by 40 points or more

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree with USFBulls727. It is good to see another positive poster on this board. I came back to this board because there was too much negatiivity going on and thought I should post some optimistic positive post to counter the negativity surrounding the program. The bottom line is that Taggart is doing it his way and I have faith in it. Without Taggart's directionm, we dont be Cincy last week. Players are getting at it and it is starting to click. I highly doubt USF would lose to FAU or McNeese St right now. In a away, USF needed to get smacked down by them to wake us up. Wake all of us up that tons of work must be done to erase our downfall. We got humbled which can be a good thing. When this program started out, they worked hard and respected every opponent, We were the new kid on the block that had to fight and claw our way to #2. Went 5-6 during our 1st season with a tough battle against Georgia Southern. To be honest, it feels like we had to start over from the 97 year. We must be humble and positive about USF. GO BULLS!!!

Dude. Don't do that. There is a difference between being negative ("This program is done forever") and realistic ("We don't have the guns to hang with Louisville").

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  471
  • Days Won:  0

Geez USF wins 1 game and now calls out overrated teams.  Classic. All this time I talked about how much better USF fans were then UCF fans.:)

Geez USF wins 1 game and now calls out overrated teams.  Classic. All this time I talked about how much better USF fans were then UCF fans. :)

some of our fans act so foolishly at times

most are new to big time athletics

i can see how other teams resent usf

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

Rutgers @ Louisville tonight on E$PN if anyone wants a sneak peak of The Ville.