• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In Game Discussion or Did We Give Up?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

That win was ugly as they come. The offense looked bad all night and the wheels came off the defense at the end. We tried like hell to give it away and we got some concerning injuries. But, it gives the players some confidence and hopefully they'll work hard this week and carry some momentum into the next game.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

That win was ugly as they come. The offense looked bad all night and the wheels came off the defense at the end. We tried like hell to give it away and we got some concerning injuries. But, it gives the players some confidence and hopefully they'll work hard this week and carry some momentum into the next game.

We were rolling pretty nicely before Bench and Shaw got hurt. Eveld even looked good for a while until he, too, got hurt. We've got depth issues for sure. But, a W is a W. And it's a conference W!!!

I feel a lot better about how the team has developed. And I'm even daring to dream about a couple more Ws this year. I don't think it's going to be as bad as I thought it would be.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

Already, Willie has 1/3 of the conference wins that Skippy had.

Proud of them tonight...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Nothing beats winning

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Exactly. Thankfully the defense won the game. Can't count on that every week. Hope that Shaw and Bench are back for UConn.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

The ball bounced our way tonight

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  936
  • Days Won:  1

The defense looked great, but in the end they looked a little gassed. As others have stated we lack depth to give our starters more breathers. With added depth next year and hopefully an offense who can stay on the field longer things will only get better.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,989
  • Days Won:  12

I don't want to take away from the win but my brain keeps going back to the o struggles to get the ball in the end zone. I hope we can get better at this. I hope that the film is evaluated on that basis and the W doesn't overshadow the fact that the offense just didn't look great. 

Defensive depth is another concern. But #1 concern is offensive production.