• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

we need to recruit juco studs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

I like to see at least 2 new juco O-linemen next year.

Guys that have a lot of experience with pass protection.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

We should do that. Someone tweet CWT and let him know he should get himself a 5 star RB. You never know if he's listening.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

The people who keep shouting "No JUCO's" are being silly. Adding JUCO's does not stunt the development of the program; it affords you some opportunity to develop your high school talent while bringing in guys are who more physically ready to contribute.

It's worked in the recent past for us, for instance... Kion Wilson and Jacquain Williams were JUCO's... I don't think anyone would say our LB corps development was stunted because of them being here. Barrington, Lattimore, Cliett, Bullock, etc managed to develop and contribute during and since.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Just wondering what JUCO programs, if any, run the same type offense where it won't be a start over mess like it is now for the players.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

the high school thing isnt working so well

we need football players

Terrible idea!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  150

they key in the past for getting some of the JUCO talent we did-- especially in the case of Andre Hall -- was having a recruiting relationship with them before they had to go the JUCO route-- which is usually has something to do with qualifying (grades/scores).

based on that-- I am not so certain we have a ton of these ties with anyone worth a dang seeing as our recruiting has been mediocre at best over the past few years.

I am not against getting talent regardless of the source-- just uncertain that we have the groundwork in place to pick up anyone who will be a great addition without some serious new quasi-recruiting effort. Just looking at the guys we have on the field these days gives me the feeling we have slipped majorly in terms of talent -- offensive line is a big area of need (odd since it was a focus of Holtz in his first real class IIRC)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

We should do that. Someone tweet CWT and let him know he should get himself a 5 star RB. You never know if he's listening.

Exactly - get back to us and let us know how that went cause I am sure CWT has not even thought of that idea.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

they key in the past for getting some of the JUCO talent we did-- especially in the case of Andre Hall -- was having a recruiting relationship with them before they had to go the JUCO route-- which is usually has something to do with qualifying (grades/scores).

based on that-- I am not so certain we have a ton of these ties with anyone worth a dang seeing as our recruiting has been mediocre at best over the past few years.

I am not against getting talent regardless of the source-- just uncertain that we have the groundwork in place to pick up anyone who will be a great addition without some serious new quasi-recruiting effort. Just looking at the guys we have on the field these days gives me the feeling we have slipped majorly in terms of talent -- offensive line is a big area of need (odd since it was a focus of Holtz in his first real class IIRC)

Having CJL helped out tremendously. He's in the Bill Snyder coaching tree and Snyder is the king of the JuCo. Add to that CJL's Kansas ties (a serious hotbed of JuCo football) and it was a perfect storm for us.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Having CJL helped out tremendously. He's in the Bill Snyder coaching tree and Snyder is the king of the JuCo. Add to that CJL's Kansas ties (a serious hotbed of JuCo football) and it was a perfect storm for us.

Right about that. Snyder learned early you're not going to recruit all American HS players to k state with any regularity.

The thing that kills me is that we were just starting to implement that sign and place system with a couple Mississippi community colleges where we signed a kid we knew would not qualify but placed him at juco hoping to get him back. That's not something Alabama needed to do, but it would have helped us.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

Not sure how many JUCO recruits CWT recruited at WKU but we need to bring in a few linemen on both sides of the ball. Most of the time the great skilled position JUCOs will go to the big schools/conferences.