• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Call me an optimist but I like it

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Brion Carnes situation was different. Carnes said he was committed, but he took a visit to Nebraska against the wishes of USF coaches. When Carnes had the falling out with USF, he committed to WKU. Then he decommitted when Nebraska gave him an offer. If he had still been a USF "commit", he'd have dumped USF when he got the official Nebraska offer.

Committed players take visits all the time. It was a big issue when holtz rescinded his offer. Had carnes left for nebraska, then thats fine. Because at least we would still have a good relationship with his high school. Instead, he burned that bridge

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Brion Carnes situation was different. Carnes said he was committed, but he took a visit to Nebraska against the wishes of USF coaches. When Carnes had the falling out with USF, he committed to WKU. Then he decommitted when Nebraska gave him an offer. If he had still been a USF "commit", he'd have dumped USF when he got the official Nebraska offer.

Committed players take visits all the time. It was a big issue when holtz rescinded his offer. Had carnes left for nebraska, then thats fine. Because at least we would still have a good relationship with his high school. Instead, he burned that bridge

Holtz informed Carnes that it was a deal breaker if he went to Nebraska. Holtz needed a QB commit and either Carnes was committed, or he wasn't. Carnes decided his own fate on that one. 

And as for our relationship with Bradenton High School, I think CWT will do ok down that way.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Holtz informed Carnes that it was a deal breaker if he went to Nebraska. Holtz needed a QB commit and either Carnes was committed, or he wasn't. Carnes decided his own fate on that one.

And as for our relationship with Bradenton High School, I think CWT will do ok down that way.

I completely agree. Taggart automatically mends that fence.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

yeah we needed that schollie for Gumby.

no way we needed that relationship with the #1 high school program in the country.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Not only are we in a complete rebuilding mode and terrible we have to watch an incredibly boring style of offense. Yay..

Welcome to the board.  You may have some valid points, but I'm sure no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to watch football.  I'm sure there are other more entertaining uses of your time that you could employ if you are bored.

Also too, at this time, there are many other threads full of negativity that you could have posted in, yet you picked one of the few positive threads.  I don't see why, other than to basically make a splash entrance onto the board ... 

Yeah, but unfortunately his negativity was accompanied with a points that made total sense.  :D

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  242
  • Days Won:  1

yeah we needed that schollie for Gumby.

no way we needed that relationship with the #1 high school program in the country.

Bradenton is the #1 high school program in the country? I would disagree there

Bradenton is top 5 in the state. Might be 1.  BTW, its Manatee.  Number 1 in the country is probably Euless Trinity in Tx. They have 325 lb O linemen.

trinity_crop_650x440.jpg

Edited by slick1ru2

Oh and that Trinity shouldn't be confused with the Catholic school, Trinity in Louisville who also has a top team in their state. Their stadium even has a gift shop and they have a recruiting commercial to rival any college.

EDIT  Looks like Trinity Rock is having problems after dropping 3 of 4 games this year. They won the state championship 10 of the last 12 years and a national championship in that span

ths-footballfieldaerial.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKgL4ZXj0RY

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

According to maxpreps Manatee is #23 in the nation...#4 in Florida behind Miami Washington (#1 Nationally) Miami Central (9 Nationally) and University School Fort Lauderdale (16 Nationally)...I know at one time during the last 2 or 3 seasons Manatee was ranked #1 Nationally...so I think having a good relationship with them is important

According to maxpreps Manatee is #23 in the nation...#4 in Florida behind Miami Washington (#1 Nationally) Miami Central (9 Nationally) and University School Fort Lauderdale (16 Nationally)...I know at one time during the last 2 or 3 seasons Manatee was ranked #1 Nationally...so I think having a good relationship with them is important

This is true. Manatee has had high rankings before. And I would think that means he has an in to the schools in that area including Sarasota and Riverview. Riverview is rebuilding with a new coach who is an alumni who made it to the NFL and is also an 8A school. That's where Mike Ford started at until he transferred to Sarasota. All 3 of those schools are rivals and anyone that knows football will remember CWT at Manatee. And I would think that extends down the coast to Venice.