• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Solution to Offensive Line Problem

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

Haha! That is a funny way to put that. 

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

Haha, I like that...

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I think Coach Taggart needs to fly every member of the offensive line's mother in for practice and place them in the quarterback spot and then have the defense try to tackle the mothers. If they can't protect our QB long enough in the pocket to get a decent look at the receivers, do you think they'll be able to protect their own mamas? I have a strange feeling they'll put in a little bit more effort in protecting the QB then...

Why would you want to hospitalize those women?  They did the best they could raising their boys.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  326
  • Days Won:  1

The o line minus Reiter is terrible.watch them on EVERYplay as I have for the last 5 years and you will see they are the root of the problem.I am an ex college lineman and have a good idea that FAT does not equate to strength.our guys are SOFT.Big is one thing.overweight is another.lineman don't have to run like wr.dont cut like rbs.dont have to throw a deep ball and hit a guy in stride. They have to be able to BLOCK and move a pile when they make contact .we can't do that. The qb has NO time to set up and look for receivers it seems they are running for their life on every drop back play.extending drives and giving the defense a breather doesn't happen when we can't move the ball more than a 3 and out which puts the d back on the field maybe sooner than they need to be.the lt is bad. How many times does he need to be beaten causing turnovers before he is replaced. He was bad last year and seems to have regressed. Maybe move experienced rt to left? Idk.lineman are a lot more important than people think. Look at the last few nfl drafts. Lots of oline going in the first few rounds. Maybe this needs to be addressed by coach tag art in the off season. He has a lot on his plate.

E a

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Both lines have serious issues

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I agree with Ralph kramden. Williams needs to be off the backside protection. On a point close to Ralph's heart, having mark popek playing guard instead of tackle last year was a huge screw up.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Fantastic idea, OP!

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

The left sided of the OL needs to be blown up.  Get Williams out and move Eatmon to LT and try Kaufman at RT.  Also, the left guard needs to be replaced.  Might want to consider burning a redshirt on Threatt.  I think I read somewhere that Elkino Watson said he was one of the strongest guards on the team and he's a true freshman.  You got nothinb to lose at this point.

Our OL looks slow and weak.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

The o line minus Reiter is terrible.watch them on EVERYplay as I have for the last 5 years and you will see they are the root of the problem.I am an ex college lineman and have a good idea that FAT does not equate to strength.our guys are SOFT.Big is one thing.overweight is another.lineman don't have to run like wr.dont cut like rbs.dont have to throw a deep ball and hit a guy in stride. They have to be able to BLOCK and move a pile when they make contact .we can't do that. The qb has NO time to set up and look for receivers it seems they are running for their life on every drop back play.extending drives and giving the defense a breather doesn't happen when we can't move the ball more than a 3 and out which puts the d back on the field maybe sooner than they need to be.the lt is bad. How many times does he need to be beaten causing turnovers before he is replaced. He was bad last year and seems to have regressed. Maybe move experienced rt to left? Idk.lineman are a lot more important than people think. Look at the last few nfl drafts. Lots of oline going in the first few rounds. Maybe this needs to be addressed by coach tag art in the off season. He has a lot on his plate.

E a

Yep, watching our linemen waddle, unathletically, onto the field is depressing even before they attempt to play.  They definitely appear overweight, unathletic, and soft.