• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The best thing about this debacle...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I agree with the comment that you are now eroding the core fans, not the bandwagon.  It's really hard to watch us lose to all teams when there is real football to watch on TV.  Yet I keep going every week?  Ugh...

Core fans are the ones there through thick and thin ... Not sure what adjective you can use to describe any fans being eroded right now but core would be inaccurate.

I have to wonder that that core number is?

Core would be those that continue to donate a decent sum, buy tickets, attend games, buy gear?  Re-arrange schedule to watch or attend roadies?

I have to believe "core fan" is being redefined weekly, too.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

I agree with the comment that you are now eroding the core fans, not the bandwagon.  It's really hard to watch us lose to all teams when there is real football to watch on TV.  Yet I keep going every week?  Ugh...

Core fans are the ones there through thick and thin ... Not sure what adjective you can use to describe any fans being eroded right now but core would be inaccurate.

By that definition of core you are going to be left with University Staff and players friends and families. 

You would be wrong. You're going to have a core group of non staff, friends and families there no matter what .... 

I am saying I bet some season ticket holders are just going to find something else to do on Saturdays for a while.

No doubt ....

I have to wonder that that core number is?

Core would be those that continue to donate a decent sum, buy tickets, attend games, buy gear?  Re-arrange schedule to watch or attend roadies?

I have to believe "core fan" is being redefined weekly, too.

I don't think it's redefined every week. Different people may have different definitions ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Different tolerances..

My question is more towards USF's view on this.  I wonder how many bedrock core fans have turned.  It's entirely possible that what they've counted on is not the same today as it was three days, three weeks, three months or three years ago.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Yeah ... in what way is USF having fewer fans a good thing? Just because you give yourself a pat on the back over this made-up concept of a "true" fan? The loss of interest in USF football is devastating, and to say otherwise is dumb as hell.

And then of course in one of your other posts (here) you said this:

I'm new to the board, and I generally prefer to read and not post.  But you, sir, are the kind of fan that disgusts me.  Who the hell are you to decide who is and isn't a true fan?

Get over yourself.

Wow, the concept of sarcasm and humor is lost on you, isn't it?

If you think what you posted was funny, then I'm not the one with the difficulty grasping "humor" here.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Not sure if I classify as a core fan.  My wife and I are both alumni and recently became alumni for life....we donate....we have 3 season tickets and we've been to a couple of road games and one bowl game, and I can't remember the last time I missed a home game.

After the humiliating loss to FAU, we decided we're not going to the MIami game.  Something that was supposed to be an outlet and entertainment has turned in to misery.  We gave our tickets away and will watch it on TV.  Couldn't stomach watching our beloved Bulls get steam rolled on our own field, while listening to the trash talking fair weather Miami contigent.

I'm not sure if I'll make anymore home games, however I will renew my tickets next year because I want to support the program, but it's just become too painful to go Ray Jay and watch our Bulls play.

Anyway.  Go Bulls!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Not sure if I classify as a core fan.  My wife and I are both alumni and recently became alumni for life....we donate....we have 3 season tickets and we've been to a couple of road games and one bowl game, and I can't remember the last time I missed a home game.

After the humiliating loss to FAU, we decided we're not going to the MIami game.  Something that was supposed to be an outlet and entertainment has turned in to misery.  We gave our tickets away and will watch it on TV.  Couldn't stomach watching our beloved Bulls get steam rolled on our own field, while listening to the trash talking fair weather Miami contigent.

I'm not sure if I'll make anymore home games, however I will renew my tickets next year because I want to support the program, but it's just become too painful to go Ray Jay and watch our Bulls play.

Anyway.  Go Bulls!

I count you as a core fan and I completely understand.  I recently reduced my ticket take from 12 to 8, couldn't afford the two donor level contributions and the only home games I've missed on purpose was the end of last season to make my disgust be known through red, empty seats (12 of them).  I've made every game this year and will make the Miami game as well but if I had to drive a considerable distance to watch these Bulls, I would probably elect not to subject myself to the additional efforts just for the pain of how USF is getting worked by weak opponents.

I'm hoping that Taggart can somehow clean the DW and Holtz funk that this team is still obviously immersed in and play like the teams of old.  Ditto on Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Anyway.  Go Bulls!

I'm in the same boat as you. This used to be entertaining, but that ship sailed a long time ago. I guess I'm out of the inner circle who will continue to show up every week even though they don't like the product anymore. The team will have to get by on just my money for awhile and not my physical support.