• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The best thing about this debacle...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i will al ways be a usf fan

but i am realistic and that is why i have made a fortune betting against them last couple of years

our leadership always thought small--from president and ad on down

yes even leavitt

expectations were always small

and gets what we lived up to our expectations

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Many USF students are choosing to stay home and watch Gator games and Noles games. At what point does USF decide the expense of a football program is not worth it anymore?

if usf doesnt get into a big boy conference  and have a chance to compete for real championshiop i say you need to consider that option in a couple of years

how we havent passed miami is a crime

how usf isnt a better destination than miami or orlando school is double homicide

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

LOL bandwagon fans they jumped ship 3 or more years ago.  We are starting to see the base die hard USF fans not show up now.

Can't blame them though its really hard to watch this team now. 

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Bandwagon fans are what we need.

They buy tickets and go to the stadium.

We need to get back to building the bandwagon.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

LOL bandwagon fans they jumped ship 3 or more years ago.  We are starting to see the base die hard USF fans not show up now.

Can't blame them though its really hard to watch this team now. 

Yep this is the issue now. Shoot, for me it's nearly getting to that point. In my time at USF I missed one home football game in 4 years (and that one was out of my power), traveled to see them play a couple times out of state, and of course supported the other teams on campus. Well, I graduated from USF this past may and am at Florida State for grad school now. I went to the FSU game, saw them beat Nevada 62-7, walked home and flipped on the USF game. I then spent the next 3+ hours watching the further demise of this program, texting my dad and some USF friends venting about things. For some reason I watched the entire game (waiting for our players to realize it's FAU and come back) but I can honestly tell you I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to do that. I don't know how you guys are doing it in person, and I'm the type that rarely left before maybe a couple minutes left in the 4th.

Anyways, I've sat through the last few years of blown leads, traveled to Philly to watch us lose to TEMPLE, and yet now I'm just not sure I'll be going out of my way to watch these games. Will I still watch? Yeah. But if I'm out doing something better, no way in hell am I dropping what I'm doing to watch this team. I'd rather follow online then come back here for the rants lol. I'm not abandoning this program but I'm also not going to put something that frustrates me so much up on a pedastal anymore, it's just not good for ones sanity.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

One group of people walking out of section 110 last night were commenting that maybe USF could play Eastlake High School and get a win.  I said yeah, it's horrible, see you next home game and their response was NO YOU WON'T, we're done for the rest of the year, there's nothing worth watching as a USF grad right now in Raymond James.  Can't say I blame them.

Contrary to the OP's sentiments, that's definitely NOT a good thing for USF football and USF athletics in general.  They are the higher level donors, not walk-ups sitting in the cheap seats.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

It is harder and harder to watch this team.  Last year, they found a way not to win.  Now I go and watch them get trounced by FAU, a perennial member of ESPN Bottom 10, and a beat down by McNeese State who was clinging to life last night to Alabama State late in the 4th quarter.  Someone here calls it entertainment, I call it horror.  We stayed almost until the end and it was pathetic to see the students chanting FAU leaving the stadium.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I have had the excuse of a new child arrival for the opener and this weekend.  I should be able to make the Miami game but having a hard time talking myself into the drive.  Watched Tagart's post-game interview, get the feeling he is having the same thoughts.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Bandwagon fans are what we need.

They buy tickets and go to the stadium.

We need to get back to building the bandwagon.

the bandwagon was totaled when it was t-boned by taggart's bus

• Topic Count:  102
  • Content Count:  1,679
  • Days Won:  1

Many USF students are choosing to stay home and watch Gator games and Noles games. At what point does USF decide the expense of a football program is not worth it anymore?

This is the key issue - when is it not worth it anymore?  If you are a fan of the University, and view the football program as something that serves the needs of the larger University (in other words, actual USF fans), we're at that point where the return on investment is questionable, and it might be time to shift those resources elsewhere.  

If you view the University as existing to serve the needs of the football program, then sure, keep throwing money down the hole. But don't pretend you're a USF fan.