• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

You are the head coach: what would you do?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

1. Fat boys up front...the speed thing ain't panning out. Maybe when you've got a fine-tuned, hitting on all cylinders, custom ALL pieces in place offense, then you can go for lighter and faster. Until then, grande boys who opted for football since the sumo program was axed due to title IX.

2. JUCO...nothing wrong with that. 

3. Shoot for a goal of one penalty per quarter (which would be down from tonight's count).  B)

And here I was thinking you would just start executing the under performers as an example to the rest of the team. Do you have silver bullets in that nice gold firearm you carry?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,090
  • Days Won:  39

Wing T?

Maybe. That's something

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Keep doing what you're doing.

Start Bench... and find ways to slow down the pass rush. When he has time, he can do well.

On Defense, shake some things up.

From what I can see, the issues are less about the system than they are about execution.  Once these guys learn to trust the system and stop trying to do everything themselves, they will win.

yeah,

Taggart is committed to laying the foundation for his system, even if it means stripping the program down to the rafters. Get ready for an ugly couple years as we play Taggart-ball with players that are untalented and don't really fit the system anyways.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This team looks undisciplined. Penalties, turnovers, mistakes everywhere. The last coach certainly had a lot to do with it, but I don't see Taggart fixing any of it 3 games in.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

Underperforming teams tend to have a significant amount of sarcasm from the players in the locker room and on the practice field. 

The "As if that's going to matter" attitude towards other players who are trying to put in the work, can infect an entire program 

Just imagine trying to find the motivation to put in one more rep, dig a bit deeper during drills, and put your skin on the line for a bunch of sarcastic players who are just going to mock you for the efforts. Not very motivating huh?

I'm not saying that's what's going on here, but I've seen it on the sports teams I've played on. 

So the first thing I would do is try to rid the program of negativity from the inside, then distance the program from the negativity on the outside. Fans, press, administration, etc

The drive to "get better" has to come from within, and negativity is a cancer towards that internal motivation. Root it out and distance yourself from it.

If you look in the past 8+ years, we've played rugby style offense. Hike the ball to the quarterback, let him fun for 7 yards. Ride him like a horse till he gets hurt, then panic. Let's look at what has happened to our past 2 quarterbacks-

BJ Daniels - broken ankle

Matt Grothe - career ending knee injury

Luckily Blackwell didn't get severely hurt. This is not real offense, sure it wins games, but at what cost? 

Taggart is making us play offense, real offense. Yes, it's exposing holes and weaknesses everywhere.. EVERYWHERE, but at least it's real offense. 

If you were starting from scratch, would you base your team on a rugby style "hike and run" offense, or would you build an offense where the QB hands the ball off to RB's, and passes the ball?

This way is going to take some time, but it's the right way to go

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Underperforming teams tend to have a significant amount of sarcasm from the players in the locker room and on the practice field.

The "As if that's going to matter" attitude towards other players who are trying to put in the work, can infect an entire program

Just imagine trying to find the motivation to put in one more rep, dig a bit deeper during drills, and put your skin on the line for a bunch of sarcastic players who are just going to mock you for the efforts. Not very motivating huh?

I'm not saying that's what's going on here, but I've seen it on the sports teams I've played on.

So the first thing I would do is try to rid the program of negativity from the inside, then distance the program from the negativity on the outside. Fans, press, administration, etc

The drive to "get better" has to come from within, and negativity is a cancer towards that internal motivation. Root it out and distance yourself from it.

If you look in the past 8+ years, we've played rugby style offense. Hike the ball to the quarterback, let him fun for 7 yards. Ride him like a horse till he gets hurt, then panic. Let's look at what has happened to our past 2 quarterbacks-

Luckily Blackwell didn't get severely hurt. This is not real offense, sure it wins games, but at what cost?

Taggart is making us play offense, real offense. Yes, it's exposing holes and weaknesses everywhere.. EVERYWHERE, but at least it's real offense.

If you were starting from scratch, would you base your team on a rugby style "hike and run" offense, or would you build an offense where the QB hands the ball off to RB's, and passes the ball?

What about defense?. The QB from FAU ran all over them.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

What about defense?. The QB from FAU ran all over them.

Hire a new DC. One that knows the term QB Spy.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

Got to agree with Slick on last post. Bad lack of adjustment. It was clear their QB had less ability than guys on our roster to throw the ball and we let him run way too much to extend drives.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Make sure everyone is studying, they're going to their degrees.

Need their degrees. **** phone typing.